PDA

View Full Version : Are these the right thing?

BigChiefHoho
05-20-05, 02:35 pm
I can't find the cubes anywhere in my area, so I'm ordering online. Since I'm ordering online, I can't look at the product and make sure it's right, and, having never made one of these cages before, I don't know if this is what I'm looking for. The product I'm looking at is here: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=13030715 Could someone tell me if it's the right thing?

Slap Maxwell
05-20-05, 02:35 pm
Yup. Those are perfect. (I would suggest two boxes at least)

Daisy Duke
05-20-05, 02:40 pm
I agree with slap, atleast get two boxes because you may want to expand down the road or add a second level.

BigChiefHoho
05-20-05, 02:41 pm
Yup. Those are perfect. (I would suggest two boxes at least) How many grids make up one cube? I'll need 18 grids to make the cage I want. A cube should is six-sided, so assuming that one side is left open, it's five grids. That'd be thirty grids for a six-cube set. Or do they use a different number? (Incidentally, I am ordering two boxes because I do plan on expansion down the line [those sheets of coroplast are bigger than I thought!], but I'm curious)

Slap Maxwell
05-20-05, 02:43 pm
I think 23. Each cube shares a side with another cube.

You may want a second level or a play pen made out of grids.

BigChiefHoho
05-20-05, 02:52 pm
Thanks! Just ordered two - I think I'm going to put a big upper level on for them too. Can't wait until they get here!

Christys GPS
05-20-05, 04:56 pm
I had gotten these ones also from bed bath and beyond. Just to give you a heads up, you are also going to need the cable ties also, they are extremely tricky to put together, wth out falling.

Daisy Duke
05-20-05, 04:59 pm
Also, they are hard to pull apart. lol

Percy's Mom
05-25-05, 05:05 am
I bought a pack of those at BB&B when I was first searching for cube grids. Definitely invest in cable ties and a rubber mallet to get those connectors on. They can be a little tricky until you get the hang of it!