Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives Upgraded my guinea pig room!

cavycuddler91

Cavy Slave
I re-introduced Popper back into the herd and it went well.. so far. So I decided to open the lower cage up minus the bully male, Gibbons who's still in his own cage.
Here's the outcome:

1-1.jpg
This is the right side of the cage:
2.jpg
This is the 8 1/2 long part of the cage that's under the girls cage on a table:

3.jpg

And this is the left side of the cage that use to be Popper's cage that's now open to the other cage, it was a 2x4:

4.jpg

Here's the leader of the herd, Errol. He's bit of a bully.. loves to chases the others and block them in hidey houses.. I'm hoping in time he lets off a bit as he get's older. He's not even a 1 year old yet.
5.jpg

SurfingPigs

Cavy Slave
A 12 pack!? Maybe if you cut down on Mr. Gibbons' Coors Light intake he would be a little less beligerant? lol

Seriously though, great layout! Lots of cute piggies in there.

cavycuddler91

Cavy Slave
Popper, he's still unsure to explore the rest but he's just too cute not to show a photo!:

6.jpg

And a floor view of everything:
7.jpg

Everything was washed and cleaned before putting everyone back in the cage, and all were introduced to Popper on new territory.. my hallway. I wish I could have all the boys together but Gibbons fights with Popper, Angus, and Hedwig and I can't take having another abscess happen. Gibbons just healed from a nasty one himself. He's constantly chewing the bars and I feel bad but when else am I to do? Rehoming isn't an option. Hopefully when he get's older as well as everyone else, he'll settle down a bit.

Any feedback would be nice!

cavycuddler91

Cavy Slave
Oh gosh, that made me laugh too hard!
I'm not a drinker. My husband does on occasion and the boxes are perfect for hidey houses! lol.

Thank you!

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
WOW!!!! I love it! They are all really cute and I love all the space they get!

petgal49

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness! 12 pigs! I am jealous! What ages do they range?

cavycuddler91

Cavy Slave
I actually have 10 guinea pigs.
The females I have are Calidora, Bellatrix, and Ellerby. The mom is 2 years old and her two females are about 3 months old. (Don't have photos in this thread but in do on my Halloween photo thread)
And the males.. lets see.... Budington and Hedwig about 3 years old. Saber, Popper, and Gibbons are about 1 year. And Errol is about 9 months. And then Angus is three months. He was the only male that Calidora had.
*Note - I didn't breed. I rescued the dad, Popper and a few weeks later took in the mom and babies unexpectedly. Mom and females are separated from baby boy!
:]
Basically 3 months to 3 years. Ages are just what previous owners/shelters said which are never exact. All my guinea pigs have been bounced from home to home, shelter to shelter.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I also laughed when I saw the Coors.... looks like Mr. Gibbons has all the company he needs..... Everything looks fabulous!

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Ha! I use Shinner boxes! :p

I love the layout and all the cute guinea pigs! =D

cavycuddler91

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone! I know it doesn't look at neat as coroplast but it works and it's cheap since I'm always trying to find ways to expand and mess around with this layout. :]

skritters

Cavy Slave
errol is just precious!! he just makes me melt! i've always had smooth-hairs and i've recently become completely taken with abbys ❤️

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.