Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Cubes At Robert May

Rikku Otaku

Cavy Slave
I recently got a catalogue through from Robert May, and they're selling cubes for £22.

They're crome, 350mmx1350mm/14"x14" panels, 40mm/1 and half" square mesh and black PVC plastic connectors.

They come with 17 panels and 20 connectors.

However, they do charge for postage AND charge 17 and a half% VAT on top. AND they have a minimum order value of £25. They're price for delievery for orders under £100 is £8.

So for me, IF I order from there, I'll need at least 2 packs, so that'll be £44, plus £8 delievery charge, plus 17.5% VAT, which brings it up to about: £61.10 (I think).

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Oh dear, that's so expensive. Will you get them from there then?

Rikku Otaku

Cavy Slave
I'm not entirely sure yet. It depends if I can find them cheaper somewhere else first. I have until the end of the month to decide really, because we're moving then, and I really want to put their current hutches outside and have cube cages indoors. So I really want to buy their new cubes once I get paid at the end of the month.

I contacted Kleeneze, but I'm still waiting on a catalogue. But I think it'd be better for me to get the Kleeneze ones because, it costs about the same, but I'll get more cubes all together. Because, with Robert May, you get 17 panels for £22, and Kleeneze do 13 (is it?) for £19.99. BUT, Kleeneze don't charge delievery and VAT fees, so, although I'd probably need to get 3 sets from Kleeneze, it'll cost me £59.97. Which is still less than Robert May! Only by a little, but I'd end up with 5 more panels this way, and for cheeper overall!

But anyways, I wanted to post the information up for anyone who was wondering about Robert May's prices and stuff.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Yup, kleeneze sell 13 grids. Like you said, you would be better off getting there from here. Also, bromers is thinking of selling grids on ebay. She got a couple of packs from a shop in London. However, she's not going to have a buy it now price, so I don't know how much they will cost.

Rikku Otaku

Cavy Slave
Thanx for the info. ^_^ I'll be sure to keep an eye on eBay (as I always do - lol). I hope my own information was/will be a help to anyone.

I can't wait to start building my new cube cages! I just wish the Kleeneze catalogue would get here... lol

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I was going to get my grids from robert may at first. I even had the catalogue, but luckily from this site I found out that Poundstetcher was selling them.

Rikku Otaku

Cavy Slave
How long ago was that? We don't have a Poundstrecher around here. :(

Something I have to ask, are the cubes safe for small guinea pigs? Baby guinea pigs can't get themselves through the grid can they??

Piglet

Cavy Slave
This was last April, so a long time ago! Unfortunately, they can. Some babies are small enough to squeeze through the grids

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Our local B&Q have suddenly started selling the cubes for £19.99.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.