Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What breed (please help)

They are texels. Their hair goes back off the face and they have those round, teddy looking faces with curly or crimped hair. Texels might or might not have a part down the middle. Their hair tends to straighten if you comb them frequently and the length of their hair varies. I have a texel with really long hair. She almost looks like a Peruvian but when I lift her top fur, it's all curly underneath but straighter on top from being groomed.

They are so cute!

They are so cute! I would have to kiss them often. Maximus von Lichtenwalder would not like to be a texel piggie, he will only take so much kissing for cuteness on any given day. Some days though you could not kiss him enough... your piggies are just adorable!! I hope the pregnancies go smoothly for the mommies to be.

They are so cute! I would have to kiss them often. Maximus von Lichtenwalder would not like to be a texel piggie, he will only take so much kissing for cuteness on any given day. Some days though you could not kiss him enough... your piggies are just adorable!! I hope the pregnancies go smoothly for the mommies to be.

Thanks so much, they are texels! i knew it, lol and yeah they had their babies four total. they are like two weeks old :)

Thanks so much, they are texels! i knew it, lol and yeah they had their babies four total. they are like two weeks old :)

I want to see photos of the babies!

They are so stinking cute!!!

Oh my goodness they are adorable! Thanks for posting the video!

Oh wow....those babies are just TOO PRECIOUS !!❤️ I loved your video, thank you so much for sharing with us ! :) Their cage is AWESOME too, and you sound like such a great Piggie Dad !

Just a suggestion...It would be better I think, if you were to put the higher sides of coroplast ( or even cardboard if you don't have any more coro) on the INSIDE of their cage, so that they don't get stuck between the cage bars and coroplast on the outside, do you know what I mean ?

Last edited:
How precious is that! Is your wicker hiding house made specifically for small pets? If it's not, it could be sealed with varnish which can pose a risk to them if they chew on it. I'd also watch for sharp edges. I have a lot of wicker baskets in my house (not in the cages) and there tend to be loose pieces that can be dangerous.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.