Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Housing w/ a bunny!

arionat799

Cavy Slave
This lady isn't a breeder, but she's housing the guinea pig w/ a bunny! Help! :(

(broken link removed)

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
They sound like they have a lot of animals and I'm not so sure she isn't a breeder either. That cage is too small for a rabbit or a guinea pig alone not together. When that bunny starts going through puberty things are going to be very very rough for that guinea pig. You could try to e-mail her and explain that guinea pigs and rabbits don't make good roomies. Mostly because it is dangerous for the guinea pigs and that rabbits can spread illness to guinea pigs. There is a link somewhere about the particulars on it. I'll see if I can find it.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
That woman doesn't consider herself a breeder, but she has bred the pigs in her care on occasion. She calls herself a rescue--she takes in animals all the time, begs for donations on craigslist, then gives the animals away.

You could go ahead and email her, but it won't do any good. I've emailed her plenty of times, about various issues, to no avail! She once had a sick pig she couldn't get anyone to take, and instead of taking him to the vet herself tried to get me to take him.

I flag all her ads.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Yeah, she sounds like a breeder to me too. The fact that she has several animals she was selling and that she mentioned she had "purebred" bunnies. The only people that's important to are breeders.

Flagged.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.