Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Commercial cage

L

Luke Anderson

Commercial cage

Hi
I have a 3 year old male guinea pig. For the past year (since i have seen this site) i have been trying to get my "jellyroll" a new larger cage (he had been in a little 2 square foot one since i have had him). It took me 4 months of tons of looking to find the cubes (they were only available at one store within 3 hours of driving, and i couldn't order online because of where i live: rural saskatchewan). I set up the cubes (it took forever), into a 10 square foot cage, but thes brand of cubes were just junk. They were sort of bendy and Jellyroll started to eat the plastic covering. Also i was not able to buy coroplast in my area, because all the stores would only sell it if i bought $200.00 CA worth. I then looked for some linolium. After a long search to find a small enough peice, Jellyroll started to eat it.
I got fed up with A homemade cage and tried to housetrain him. I had him in my bedroom with the door shut since i have cats and dogs (only one cat and one dog would cause trouble though). I tried everything, but he just was too messy 8o
So he had to go back into his little cage for a couple of months.
About a week ago i found a 7 square foot cage at the local store. I asked and it was the largest there suppliers had.
I ended up buying it (and dishing out $200.00 in the process)
Jellyroll seems very happy with it, and i think it will work out well, since i take him out for floor time every day, even though he is extremely lazy. He just likes to sit and eat everything in sight (hay an veggies especially, he doesn't like pellets, or fruit all that much)
Anyway i just wanted to say that i am very glad i found this site. I have reccomended it to a few people all ready.
- Luke

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.