Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Stands Do I NEED a stand?

MaineMom

Cavy Slave
I'm buying a C&C cage kit - do I have to put it on a stand or can it just sit on the floor?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It depends on how well your back bends. If you're limber, it can go either place. If you're old and stiff, like me, put it on a stand.

Oh, it's easier to make friends with the pigs if it's on a stand -- they're more at your level, and don't have your whole body looming over them when you're feeding them or cleaning the cage.

MaineMom

Cavy Slave
Well they're going to be for my daughter, who is 8 years old but the size of a 5 year old, LOL. If it can go on the floor, I'll probably start it out on the floor and then worry about building a stand. I'm already overwhelmed with getting everything set up!! Thanks so much!

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
It doesn't NEED to be on a stand but I find it's easier to sweep out the poos when you don't have to kneel or squat to get at them. And as BP said, it puts you more on the level with the pigs so you aren't looming over them.

You can make the stand lower to the ground so your daughter can help but since most of the upkeep and feedings will be done by you, it probably would be more convenient to make it more your height than hers.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
I like mine on the floor. My cage is large, so there is no way I could reach across it to clean if it was on a stand.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.