Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Urine How much is above normal for urination

Krelean

Cavy Slave
I've noticed this last week that my piggies seem to be urinating more often, but their new water bottles are also no longer leaking.
Do piggies urinate a lot, a lot being all day long? Kinda like how often the poop?

The urine smells stronger than normal, any idea why? We cut high calcium veggies a few weeks back. They get lettuce, carrot, red bell and cilantro nightly. They also occasionally get fruit treats, zuch and cucumber. Also wheat grass when it's tall enough to cut.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
A strong odor to the urine is often a sign of a urinary tract infection. Not always, but often. So keep a close eye on them, and if you notice any squeaking while peeing, or blood in the urine, then get them to the vet. You can also cut out the cilantro for a while and see if that helps -- I've seen a couple of posts where some pigs have stronger smelling urine when eating it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.