Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives Any critics?

cavycuddler91

Cavy Slave
So, this is my Cavy Room.
10 guinea pigs. 7 males and three females.

Any critics?

The females are on the table. It's a 2x5 grid. Holds momma Calidora and two of her babies Bellatrix and Ellerby. Her male is with Hedwig underneath her.

I know my grids are the larger ones but the only grids I found at the time were from Walmart that came with both the small and large grids so I made the sides very high with a shower curtain liner. And it works great!

On the floor to the left is Popper. He's a mean one and has to be alone. So he's got a 2x4 all by himself. Hopefully his hormones will settle down and he can become nice to his friends. Under the table is another 2x4 with Hedwig and baby Angus. They LOVE eachother. Next to them is an L shaped cage.. not sure of the dimensions. I'm hoping that it's suitable for three boars. So far Saber, Budington, and Gibbons are doing great in it. And the closest cage to the door is little Errol. He was Poppers cage mate but Popper attacked him pretty bad as he did with everyone else. So, he's alone for now in a 2x3.

Cardboard is up on random spots to keep the guineas from going nuts seeing the other guineas.

I wish I took a photo when the cages has fresh fleece but I wanted some feedback on anything I could change?

Last edited:
AWESOME cage and awesome set up!!! lol
ur so lucky to have a room for ur piggies

Nice setup! The only thing I would recommend is to use some more of the large-hole grids and overlap the ones you've got so that the holes are only half the size. You not only have to worry about them escaping, you have to worry about the larger ones getting their heads caught. And if they start chewing the shower curtain, just replace it with cardboard.

I figured I stop the escaping by making the shower curtain high up enough that they can't jump through.
No chewing yet. I'm surprised the babies haven't. The two guinea pigs that do chew, they have cardboard "guards" to block them from seeing the other pigs and trying to fight them. I'm not sure how else to keep them from going crazy other than hide everyone from eachother. lol.

You are so lucky to have a room for just them. I have mine in my dining room so it's pretty crowded in there.

just one question...other than Popper, why arent' all the rest of the males together in one big cage? Nice room! If you double up the grids to make the holes smaller everything should be great!..

sewlittle - Not all of them get along. I've matched up the personalities perfectly for now.

Popper and Errol are alone till their hormones can hopefully calm down. However, Gibbons is with two other guineas, Budington and Saber... yet just doesn't like the other males. So, 5 cages it is till some of the adolescent ones are older can calm down, then I'll try to re-introduce.

I saw this when I was putting up some pictures and I was quite jealous :) If I had the time and resources, I'd really like to do that (sadly, I don't). Although, I like having my pigs in my room, so I don't know that I would like having them in a separate room. But it does look great!

On a side note, I especially like the HP names

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.