Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cages

L

lchap87

Cages

I have a rabbit and a quinea pig. i dont have a lot of room for big cages in my room. But i was wondering if it was okay to stack the C&C cages on top of eachother? and if i do make a C&C cage for my rabbit is it possible to make a door for him to jump in and out of the cage?

Thanks!

S

semcavylover

cages

I don't know how sturdy they would be if you stacked them on top of each other. It may be possible though. You can make a door for your rabbit to come and go as he/she pleases. Check out the cavy cages site at cavyspirit.com. I know they have some good ideas for easy ways to have a door open and close so piggies can run out for floor time and go in if they want to. Good luck!

Attachments

astro2.jpg astro3.jpg astro4.jpg
L

lchap87

Re: cages

Thanks, but i looked on the website and couldnt find it. can u tell me where to look, in more detail? Please

Laura & Buster

S

semcavylover

doors

www.guineapigcages.com/options...door---try this site, it may help. Also if you look under the floortime site at guineapigcages.com(off of the cubes and coroplast site) you may find some more information, however it is more about easy access cleaning than doors but it does mention how large the opening should be I think. Good luck and I will keep my eyes open for any other information that may help!

L

lchap87

Re: doors

oh my gosh im an idiot thanks i really scare my self sometimes. Thanks though i looked and it helped.

Laura & Buster

M

Minibean

Re: Cages

I read on CG that coroplast should never be used for rabbit cages due to the danger of the rabbits chewing on and ingesting the coroplast, which can be fatal. (broken link removed) (scroll down)

You can make great rabbit cages from cubes though. Most of the pics I've seen seem to use wood floors covered in towels or carpet.

Here's a link to a cubes rabbit cage with a guinea pig cage built into the top. members.aol.com/bunrabtoo/neatcubs.html Looks something like what you were thinking of doing. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.