Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Finished C&C cage!

Subsonica

Cavy Slave
We finally finished the new C&C cage, so that we could get our 2 girls out of their temporary store-bought cage. It's taken us about 3 weeks of doing bits here and there, and lots of trial and error, to get it to something we were completely happy with and making sure it is piggie proof. We were up till gone 11pm last night finishing it and getting the piggies moved in so they could explore it overnight without us watching over them.:)

It's a 5x2 with a 5x1 upper level. The upper level has a bit sectioned off as a hay area, which has a completely removable litter box made from correx, for easy cleaning (the doorway you can see is actually incorporated into the removable tray).

The girls seemed to have settled in nicely, though I think Nibbler is getting annoyed with Leila running around so much, hehe. It took them a while to figure out the ramp, and they are still a bit cautious, bit nothing a tray of fresh veg won't fix! lol

[video=youtube_share;7Lp0E6c9Rag]

Thanks for the video! Love your cage!

Wow! I really love your new cage!

I love the cage. It was clever to make the upper level the long way for more room. I also like the hay room with the arched doorway. Makes it look like a castle. I wouldn't give them the treat stick, though. Nuts and seeds aren't recommended for guinea pigs as they can be a choking hazard. Your guinea pigs are going to love the cage!

That's a great cage! Thank you for the video!

Great video! great use of space! Love the pictures you posted in the photo gallery.

This is such a GREAT Cage!! Especially for two guinea pigs, They are going to LOVE all the room!
:)

love your cage for your piggies, the hard work is paid off,

I know this is a little bit old, but I'm just looking at this post now!
Thanks for the video, I love the cage! I hadn't thought of doing a full length x1 loft, so I may consider that. I also love the hay room, and that's quite clever about trying to prevent the hay from getting on the fleece. Now that you've had it for a while, does it work? I'm very happy with carefresh but when I have a bigger cage I'm not sure I'll be able to afford it! So I'm thinking about switching to fleece.

Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.