Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ooops! Too much spilling

H

HamsterLoverRMB

Ooops! Too much spilling

Hello! Like most cavies, Patch and Chester get excited about mealtime. As soon as I put the dry food in, they are all over it, and it ends up everywhere! I tried those weighted dishses, but they still tip over. Any suggesstions?

S

semcavylover

dishes

You mean you tried the big ceramic dishes? Do you have a smaller one or a bigger one, like the size for a cat or a small dog? If the bigger ceramic dish does not work, try to put a NON SHARP rock in the bottom of the food dish so it weights it down a little bit more. Good Luck!!!

P

peachygrl

Re: dishes

I went to my local feed store and bought a metal hopper bin with a wire mesh grate bottom and swing open top for easy refilling - it also has clips to attach to C&C grid - for $4.99. I'm sure you can find something similar in your area. This works great for my boys, this way they can't climb into it and do their business either.

Attachments

102_0642.jpg 102_0640.jpg 102_0639.jpg 101_0615.jpg Grace and Daisy Together.jpg
H

HamsterLoverRMB

Dishes

No, I didn't try cat- or dog-sized dishes. I wouldn't have room for such big things. I also can't clip anything on because I have a plastic bin for a cage.

semcavylover, I used weighted dishes. The kind that are rodent-sized, but are heavier than regular dishes.

Attachments

102_0638.jpg 102_0635.jpg 102_0637.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.