Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n trying to turn vegan due to meet your meat!!

cavy_upstairs

Cavy Slave
https://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=meet_your_meat the meet your meat video, i just saw it, and im going to try to go vegan. Im not sure how hard it will be but Im going to give it a shot, for my health, but mostly for the animals, thats very sick and I wont ever eat meat again, that video showed me just how cruel and EVIL it is when they are... yeah, i dont want to go any further, its too upsetting for me. :'( but i just dont see how people could ever eat meat again after seeing that, im gonna show my parents.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
That's the video that made me stop eating meat too. Good luck!

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
You might try vegitarian first, then cut down on other things like eggs, milk, cheese, etc. Then comes the stopping of wearing leather, down products, products tested on animals..

Being vegan is hard work, but I am glad you are going for it!

cavy_upstairs

Cavy Slave
ive never worn animal products, leather, fur, and vegetarian isnt going to be TOO hard because meat has never been a big part of my diet. :D

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
That's really cool! If you're going to give it up overnight, you'll need to do a lot of research. I suggest www.goveg.com and (broken link removed). The former has vegan info, the latter has vegetarian info. You may want to take it one step at a time, but if you're willing to go all-out than go for it!

cavy_upstairs

Cavy Slave
ok, thanks for hte links, ill go right there

cavy_upstairs

Cavy Slave
wow wow wow, bread has milk in it? so i cant eat bread? thats not healthy is it? it sais in the ingredients that it has "nonfat milk" how healthy is that without bread or anything?

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Try to go vegitarian first. Going cold turkey vegan is hard.

Take a multivitamin to supplement. Also check out the local health food store.

cavy_upstairs

Cavy Slave
i have multivitamins :D but alot of things have bread in them, MAN thats going to be hard, but im going to give it a try for a little bit, if it doesnt work, if i just have to stick with vegitarian for a little bit and ease into vegan, but im definitly not going to slowly go into vegitarianism lol. but im going to see how it goes.

cavy_upstairs

Cavy Slave
ok, i dont think going right into vegan is going to work, so right now its going to be just no bread, because i dont have any vegan friendly food :p

therése

Cavy Slave
I'm pretty sure you can find bread without milk.
I've been vegetarian for six years now and tried turning vegan twice. I really recommend making such drastical changes over time. Because just like the piggies our stomachs need time to adjust. Othervise it can be a bit unpleasant..

For me vegetarian is enough for now. Balance is the key I figure.

cavy_upstairs

Cavy Slave
ok, i just need to get vegan food and yeah ill streach vegan over time. but i definitly will be vegan soon!

cavy_upstairs

Cavy Slave
aaaahhhh! im craving meat! but i can keep it in, but the problem is, when i told my mom that i was vegitarian, SHE THOUGHT I WAS JOKING! shes trying to make me eat meat, but im still refusing. she thinks its a phase so shes trying to get me to eat all the meat and dairy and stuff! grrrr

dona83

Cavy Slave
I don't plan on turning vegan but for the most part when I cook I'll always cook vegan meals, but if there's like a free lunch and it's vegetarian pizza then I'm not going to turn it down -- for college students, free lunch is free lunch, otherwise it might be no lunch at all. :p Otherwise I drink soy milk and also use it when cooking food, yummy stuff.

stranger

Cavy Slave
You're turning vegan due to a biased video with limited resources and material, you must be as ignorant as the cruel factory farm workers in the propoganda clip that turned your small and easily corruptible mind against an important industry in our civilization.

dona83

Cavy Slave
Okay I did not ****ing ask for criticism (I put the stars in myself, it's up to you to interpret it), I loved my KFC and I loved having a pork cutlet rice bowl and I loved having a big 12 oz rare steak and you know what I understand other people if they still enjoy those things but don't ****ing criticize me for making my own ****ing decisions. When I'm with friends at a dinner at a restaurant I recommended I'll order them some stuff with meat or fish that I know i used to like that they'd probably like too and order something vegetarian for myself. I'm not forcing anyone to become vegetarian with me, although my very thoughtful fiancee joined me after she watched the video, even though I did warn her many times that she'd probably never eat meat again if she watched it. And anyway you know what it's not just the cruelty, I mean it's the same as humans killing humans, it doesn't matter whether you're killed instantly point blank or slowly and painfully bleeding to death, it still sucks. I guess animals will still kill other animals for food or whatever, but since I have the power to make a decision, I chose to make this one decision, and you know what I'm happy about it. I don't miss my KFC or steaks at all, I found that KFC and big firm portabella mushrooms make excellent alternatives. Anyway if I've failed to get you to see my side of things then just get out of here because honestly we're not out to get you with our green eating ways, but you're definitely out to attack us, and it's disgusting.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
This is a PRO-VEGITARIAN forum. Move your critical behind back to a carnivore's forum.

I smell a Troll.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
stranger said:
You're turning vegan due to a biased video with limited resources and material, you must be as ignorant as the cruel factory farm workers in the propoganda clip that turned your small and easily corruptible mind against an important industry in our civilization.

Stranger. This is your first warning. This particular part of the site is pro vegetarian. If you are not supportive of this lifestyle then stay out of here.

Those videos do not lie. I have seen this treatment of animals personally. I dare you to spend a day in a slaughterhouse. I have visited many...some I went back to everyday for a month others I only visited once or twice. I can assure you that the cruelty shown in those videos is commonplace. Not all of the places are nearly as bad as is shown in the videos but ALL of them are cruel. The animals scream and suffer.

It is not our minds that have been corrupted. We have seen the truth. Your eyes are so blinded that even when you see the truth you refuse to believe it. This "important industry" creates more pollution then most textile factories. It wastes so much food sources that a small nation could feast on the corn and grain for a year or more and is so filthy that it is a breeding ground for disease...some of those diseases are antibiotic resistant and so hard to treat that many people die before medical science can catch up.

If you wish to eat meat that is fine, but do not again insult the members of this forum that choose a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle. If you do you will be banned.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
You realize that the meat plants won't go out of business right? I mean we still need protien. If they were smart they would go the same route as Schnider's/Maple Leaf and slowly start converting. Some of Schnider's plants have already been retooled and started producing soy "meat". The meat packing industry knows how to take care of itself.

dona83

Cavy Slave
dona83 said:
I don't miss my KFC or steaks at all, I found that KFC and big firm portabella mushrooms make excellent alternatives.

Oops I meant Boca Chick'n

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.