Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Hay and pellets

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Hi UK Cavy Slaves...

Just wondering...what type of hay do you give your piggies, and what brand of pellets?

Wheekster

Cavy Slave
I buy my piggies bales of hay from a local supplier and its fresh meadow hay. They get Pets at Home pellets which they really love. They are similar to the Burgess Excel but a bit cheaper!

Rachy1412

Cavy Slave
I give my piggies timothy hay from my local animal feeds place. I give them Burgess Supa Guinea Excel. I used to give them pets at home pellets but by doing so I was supporting the breeding mills still. The burgess here is only £14.05 and the petsathome pellets are £13.99 so they are only 6p dearer. The Burgess pellets are much better quality.

carrotflavour

Cavy Slave
Excel is the best pellet mix, DEFINETLY. Look in the yellow pages for horse stables/suppliers and phone them and ask if you can buy hay off them. You'll be able to buy a LOT for very little...and you wont be supporting pet shops!

Pets at home=bad bad bad.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
That's so freaky, I was just going to start a thread on this...

I use Allen and Page guinea pig pellets. They are about £13 for a 10kg (or more) packet.

I get meadow hay from a horse feed store in Reading. The store is called B & J Dance (I think!) and they hay is lovely - really cheap, fresh and green.

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the replies... My resident piggies get Burgess Supa Guinea Excel pellets and a mixture of timothy and meadow hay.

The foster pigs get the same pellets, and a mixture of meadow and alfalfa hay (they are between 6 and 12 wheeks old).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.