Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Any tips?(:

ilovepiggs

Cavy Slave
i really want my guinea pig to be able to be a free range piggie while im in my room with her:) any tips on how to guinea pig proff my room? and if you have a cute or creative name, that would be GREATLY appreciated considering the fact that ive had her for 6 days and i dont even have a name yet! haha!:) thankss youss

Welcome to the forum! We'd love to see a picture of your pig.

Guinea pig proofing tips:

1) NO WIRES anywhere that she can get to. They'll chew through them.
2) Put an old blanket down to protect your carpet if you have any.
3) Watch to make sure she doesn't gnaw the corners of your furniture, or the baseboards.
4) Be careful that anyone opening the door to your room doesn't squish her behind the door.
5) Unless you want to spend a lot of time on the floor trying to shoo her out from under your bed, block that area off with something she can't move. You can make a pretty big pen by just zip-tying grids together, and that will keep her corralled in one area.

thank you so much! im going to buy some extra grids to make a huge play pen this week like you said:) and ill be sure to put up pictures soon! if only i could get her to stay still! haha

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.