Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Timothy, Brome, Orchard, or oat?

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
When I get my Oxbow hay, can I get any of the ones listed in the subject? Or can you just Use timothy. If you have used any of these hays, tell me which one you favor and why.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I would prefer KM's hay ((broken link removed)) almost all rescues do. Their bluegrass is like piggy crack! The timothy is also quite good.

Oxbow would be my second choice. All of the hays can be mixed to give your pig great variety. If you have to stick with one, I would do with the timothy.

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
Thank you Slap

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I agree with slap; (broken link removed) hay is the best I've ever seen! My piggies would heartily agree with that one, I believe. There is even an entire thread over on GL about her wonderful hay! It doesn't support a pet store, you can order in large quantities, she supports rescues, etc.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Any grass hay is good for pigs. I get sick and tired of people saying only to feed timothy or that you can only feed timothy when that is so untrue. If it is a good quality grass hay and is nice and green and fairly soft, then you can feed it. Buying hay locally is one of the best ways to get it cheaper than having to order it online if you want to save money. I buy bales of bermuda grass hay locally for $3.50 for about a 90 lb. bale of hay that lasts my pigs for several months. KM's hay is the best hay out there and my girls do love her Blue Orchard grass (bluegrass) but it does get a bit expensive with shipping to where I live.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.