Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

been raising cavies for 31 years!!!

shewhoshops

Cavy Slave
:D hello..my name is judy..i live in nassau county new york..been raising guinea pigs for over 30 years!! i presently own 3..a young boar named sparky...a young sow named candy lou, and an older sow named daisy..lol daisy has mites and mange and is presently under our vet's care...the other 2 are doing great!! all 3 each have their own cage. i change my cages everyday, bedding twice a day, dishes washed every week..water changed everyday, vitamins are given daily by mouth everyday.ears are cleaned, coats brushed,claws trimmed..alot of work, but well worth it!! used to have 7 guinea pigs at one time..all females..NOW THAT WAS ALOTTA WORK!! love my guinea pigs...would not own any other pet!!!:eek:ptimist:

cavycuddler91

Cavy Slave
Welcome!!! Can't wait to see pigtures!!

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
Hello and Welcome! Ditto on the pictures!

shewhoshops

Cavy Slave
unfortyunately i do not own a cell phone, and my digi camera broke! hope to remedy this soon!! thank you for your interest..

shewhoshops

Cavy Slave
i do not own a cell phone and my digi camera is broken, but i will try to get photos up asap!! thanks for your interest!!

knj240

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the Forum!! :)

shewhoshops

Cavy Slave
thank you! it's great to be here!! with other folks who love guinea pigs as much as i do!!:)

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave
Hello and Welcome! You will find many other guinea pig lovers here. I can kind of relate to 7, right now I have 5... and it's a lot of work, but worth it!

Can I ask why you give them a Vit C tablet? I know that they require Vit C because they cannot make it their own, but if they're getting the right amount of veggies a Vit C tablet isn't needed.

shewhoshops

Cavy Slave
i give them additional vitamins because my vet told me to...the vitamin c is in liquid form known as avitron..i never put it in the water because it loses strength..been using avitron and giving by mouth for over 30 years..thanks for your interest..judy.

shewhoshops

Cavy Slave
thank you on behalf of sparky boy, candylou, and of course..daisy!!...and me too!!

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Welcome! It sounds like you have some spoiled pigs! Looking forward to sharing with you.
You will find us a friendly very passionate group who love GP's. So glad you have joined us.

shewhoshops

Cavy Slave
thank you all for your kind interest..just put my little friends to sleep..covered the cages..pit a nite lite on..fresh warm bedding..fresh water,and some wonderful carrots and greenies and hay and pellets.....but no bedtime story!! ha!..goodnite all!! from ny..judy..

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I hope to be able to say that in 30 years! Roger and Huey have made me a lifer!

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Covered the cages...what kind of cages do you have for your little friends?

shewhoshops

Cavy Slave
my husband and i do not have kids and our pets are pretty much our lives...when i got my first guinea pig, Peppy decades ago, everyone dismissed it as a passing phase. but then came skippy,penny,sweetie pie..her 3 babies. bitsy-betsey coco..trixie..rosie....etcetera etcetera!!

shewhoshops

Cavy Slave
we have 3 large plastic bottomed cages with tops that can be removed to make cleaning easier.. we used to have wire, but i did not like them..i put old clean newspaper down, then towels soft and clean kinda like wall to wall carpeting.. i wash and change these everyday..wash either by machine or by hand..then they're dried in the dryer or outside on the line in warm weather..i cover them with light cloth during the summer, heavier during the fall/winter..

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Awww my second pig was named Peppy :) I totally get that dismissive attitude that people give about having guinea pigs. Half my family calls them either hamsters or gerbils when they ask about them.

Oh so Sweetie Pie turned out to be pregnant when you got her home?

So all the males are together and the females together?

shewhoshops

Cavy Slave
no sweetie pie, now long deceased had 3 girls!! we kept them...loved them..they lived to almost 9 years!! judy..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.