Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Heyy :D

Loveemyanimals

Cavy Slave
My name is Kelly and I'm from Chicago, Illinois. I have a few animals at home with me and I love them all :) Iv'e been doing lots of research on Guinea Pigs because I'd like to own one of the cute furries :) I hope to learn a lot here and meet some nice people! This forum seems awesome and so do the people! Hope to talk to some of you!

Kelly

Bandit'sMom

Cavy Slave
Welcome! What animals do you have now? You have to be careful about their interaction with the piggy. I have 2 senior cats that just watch the guinea pig. They are not really interested in him. When he is out of his cage, they hide. Good luck on your research.

knj240

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the Forum :)

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Welcome Kelly! You will find the GP community full of compassionate, friendly people who love GP's. Read thru the threads and find great info on everything you will need for your pig to have the best life. I know there is a great GP rescue near Chicago. I will have to get back at you over the rescue as it's name has slipped my mind right now.
Looking forward to sharing with you.

Last edited:

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
The rescuenear Chicago is, TheCritter Corral. Good luck in finding son's piggies. Keep us posted.

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Welcome!
I was also going to encourage you to visit the Critter Corral-they would be a great place to adopt from.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Welcome! :) I volunteer with Critter Corral. You can visit our site at Critter Corral. We're having our annual Critter Corral Guinea Pig Rescue Open House on Sunday, November 13 from 1 to 4 at Willard Wood Park Center located at 515 1st Street in Crete IL. We'll have lots of guinea pigs up for adoption, food, raffles and a guinea pig costume contest. It's a great way to meet a lot of guinea pig lovers in the Chicagoland area. If you're looking to adopt now, visit our site and contact us to send you an application. We're licensed by the IL Department of Agriculture. Lots of nice people involved with Critter Corral.

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome! I'm about an hour away from chicago, and highly recommend the Critter Corral. I have directly dealt with Rose on a few occassions, and she is awesome! I have never adopted from them as I ended up with a rescued sow from craigslist who turned out pregnant... So, I have my hands full with my five, but my next adoption will be through them. Any questions feel free to ask, many knowledgable people willing to help!

Loveemyanimals

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone for the welcome :) I will definitely be checking out the Critter Coral, thanks so much for that information. I would love to adopt!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.