Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Is one sheet of Coroplast enough?

Catahoula

Cavy Slave
I've actually never seen a C&C cage in person, which makes it hard to fully understand the construction of it. I'm trying to gather the supplies I will need and have run into a question...

If I were to make a cage that was 2x5, but had an extension (to make an L-shape) that was 1x2, would 1 sheet of coroplast be enough or would I have to fit pieces together?

For more clarification, it would be 6 sided...The longest side would be 5 grids, then 3 grids, then 2 grids,1, 3, and 2...(not sure if that actually clarified anything)

Catahoula

Cavy Slave
Did some math. Here's what I came up with...an answer and another question

After viewing the "how to make" section I found out I would need a piece of coroplast at least 83" by 52.5"

The site says the maximum length of a sheet of coroplast is 96 inches, so I'm good there. But does anyone know the width of a standard sheet? I just need to know if it will accomodate the 52.5" I would need.

knj240

Cavy Slave
Yes, one sheet 4'x8' would be enough for this. Just remember to make your cuts wisely to save any coroplast you can to make sure you have enough for the extension/sides.

knj240

Cavy Slave
Most sign shops I called locally would just sell me a 4foot x 8foot sheet.
Which would be 48"s x 96"s. Looks like from the measurements you gave 52"s it wouldn't work but the amount I had left over from a 2x3 cage plus doing 12inch sides all the way around was A LOT left over! You could always easily do cardboard sides for the extension.

Catahoula

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the answer. Gives me more things to think about. I can either piece it together to get the full effect OR it looks like I could use zip-ties to shorten the extension by about 4", so 1 sheet could work.

I appreciate the help!

knj240

Cavy Slave
Your welcome, looking forward to seeing the new cage :)
I paid $20for my piece of coroplast, call around to your sign shops.

Good Luck!

lissie

Cavy Slave
A regular size is 4'x8' but I've found a 5'x10'.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.