Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bunny noises

Cavy Tamer

Cavy Slave
My rabbit kinda "buzzes" sometimes. He walks by and it sort of sounds like a bee is flying by...

Is that normal?

is he grunting? not sure what a buzz noise is? is he grinding his teeth?

kimberly78 said:
is he grunting? not sure what a buzz noise is? is he grinding his teeth?

I don't know... it could be a grunt. But from what I understand a grunt is a sound of annoyance.. and I wasn't doing anything to him. It also wasn't a tooth grind.

Makes a buzzing noise?
Part of the rabbit mating ritual, usually accompanied with circling.

pennick said:
Makes a buzzing noise?
Part of the rabbit mating ritual, usually accompanied with circling.

I think he's a little too young for that...

It could be grunting. My rabbit grunts when I am just sitting still doing nothing!

He could be growling. Sometimes young bucks confuse themselves with lions when they start to hit puberty. Play with him with a stuffed animal and see if he attacks it. He may just be wandering the house looking for a fight.

That information was given by a rabbit expert on the internet.

It almost sounds like asthma.... I have asthma, and it kinda sounds like a low pitched wheeze... Weird, I know. I really don't think he's sick, though. His eyes are very alert, and he is highly active.

It could be a grunt. This is my first bunny, so its all "greek" to me.

My female grunts and it sounds like a low buzzing. But she only does this if she feels cornered/annoyed.

Perhaps your bun is just being vocal.

my male circles me (he loves me!) but doesn't make noise.

We had a lop ear female who would make a wheezing sound when stressed.

Yeah, when he does it he's running around, "binking", and generally just enjoying life. My guinea pig make a sound when she's happy and curious. Maybe its the same time of thing with the rabbit?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.