Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Space for three boars?

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Should I do a 2x5 or a 2x6? I will probably be introducing Sir Robin to the group week after next and I want to make sure everything is ready. Right now Ben and Eddy get along great in their 2x4 with second level. I'm worried about going all the way to a 2x6 because the cage will then be hitting the entertainment center at a weird angle but I don't want the boys to fight and hurt each other. Any thoughts?

IMG_4567.jpg

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
A 2x6 would probably be the best, but a 2x5 is the size for a three guinea pigs.

Here's a thought, not sure if it would work though. What if you made it so it was a 2x6, but instead of attaching the end of the last grid you overlapped it by one row of the squares? So it was a 2x5 plus an extra 8 rows of squares or so? Not sure if this makes any sense...

Inle_Rabbit

Cavy Gazer
That might work, or make it a 2x5.5. It's just the entertainment center and the cage don't line up exactly. The cage sticks out farther than the entertainment center and we can't really reposition the entertainment center, it would look weird and my husband would be unhappy lol!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Bigger is always better with boars. Make it as large as you possibly can.

Shivra

Cavy Slave
Eh, I have three girls in a 2x5 and that seems okay, I would love to do a 2x6 if I could. Definitely recommend a 2x6 if you can!

Inle_Rabbit

Cavy Gazer
Thanks for the opinions guys I'll keep this all in mind when I'm building it. Another option I was thinking of is just do a 2x6 base and keep the upstairs the way it is (1x4) that might not look as "weird" that way. I sure wish there was another place I could move my sewing armoire, then I could do a HUGE cage and it wouldn't look weird at all.

Oh well, we will be buying a house next fall and then I can build a really nice big cage. :p

lissie

Cavy Slave
How about making the end that meets the entertainment center into an angle?
Like this:

Inle_Rabbit

Cavy Gazer
I actually thought about that lissie and I might change it later. I need to get some coroplast first. I've been using cardboard with a water proof table cloth over it but I've run out of table cloth. lol Here is what I did this morning.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.