Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C cage built for my "Iggy"- want a 2nd story

S

saabindee

C&C cage built for my "Iggy"- want a 2nd story

I have went ahead and built a cage. I have never seen a happier cavy :) We have 2 babies on the way, as well so he will have company.(I never knew he was supposed to have friends- he was given to me by my boss so I didn't do alot of research-I just figured I was saving him from the humane society)

anyway,I definitely want a 2nd story but am unsure how to go about it. Pictures are good, but I am the kinda person who needs step by step(mostly anyway) directions.

Can anyone help me? Even a bit more detail on how to start would be great.

I have pics of his new cage but dont know how to post them :(

C

chrisnlisa

Re: C&C cage built for my "Iggy"- want a 2nd s

I am building a pair of C&C cages with upper stories. My lower stories are 3x2 cubes and the uppers are each 1x2 cubes. I used the tiles for the floor and sides of the upper tier and plan to cut an opening in the front tile for the ramp entrance. I found some wire shelving material to use for the ramps and will cover with carpet. Go to your local lowes/home depot and check their shelving department. Lots of different ideas, just be creative. I'm going to cut the wires on the end of the ramp so it has a "hook" effect and hang that over the upper floor. Then secure it with a few wire ties to ensure it doesn't pop loose. I hope to have pictures up at the end of the weekend and will take some pictures as i build it that might help you out.

Attachments

IMG_20130707_140447.jpg IMG_20130707_140218.jpg IMG_20130707_140228.jpg IMG_20130707_140237.jpg IMG_20130707_140252.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.