PDA

View Full Version : Cage Question/s-Please help!

mcarroll
05-11-05, 07:36 am
I am putting together a C&C cage.
I have a question about putting the Coroplast together. Is it secured with only tape? Have you found it to leak at all at the corners? (This is extremely important because the only place I can put my pigs cage is located on light colored carpet!!--so I was looking for some ideas to protect it for just in case-along with rugs, maybe) I thought about using any extra pieces of cloroplast that I might end up with and laying them on the ground under the cage but didn’t know if urine, water, etc. would just drain right off of it anyway? Maybe I am just worrying too much about it...
Also, how do you make a ramp? I couldnt tell exactly how from all the pictures I have seen. Have you found that your piggies do actually use it (arent too scared, etc) What else do I need to know about the 2nd floor (line it with coroplast also??)
What are some ideas of what you use to keep everything inside the cage (hay from hay rack getting out the sides, etc) I think I have noticed plexi-glass....
Sorry for all the questions.....I am just trying to make sure that I get everything right on it before I decide on my final design and get it all together. I appreciate any help that I can get!

Zeander
05-11-05, 05:00 pm
I used super glue instead of tape to hold the coroplast together. As far as leaking goes, there is no seam at the corner so it shouldn't leak.

pennick
05-11-05, 07:55 pm
My cage is also on carpeting. I used tape on my coroplast. I have never had any leakage. Many of us use different methods of covering the coroplast so I'm sure the wetness is different for all of us. I use alot of newspapers under Aspen. Instead of the usual 6" height on the coroplast I went for 8" to keep the shavings in. No mess there. I used a piece of coroplast as backing to the hay rack so it wouldnt fly outside the cage. Hay still seems to get outside no matter what I do. Its more of getting the hay into the rack thats the mess than anything else. No problems with ramps here, its good exercise for them and mine love it.

Christys GPS
05-11-05, 10:47 pm
Is it secured with only tape? I have mine secured with tape and also alittle glue, but I have no leakage problems. Like pennick said you can put pieces of carpets on the corners.

Also, how do you make a ramp? If you see my pictures I use two extra grids bent them and used electrical ties to hold them together, layed cardboard on it and put fleece on it, I connected the top of the ramp to the second level with ties also and connected the ramp also to the sides,

What else do I need to know about the 2nd floor (line it with coroplast also?? I just layed cardboard down and then a layer of newspaper and then fleece.

What are some ideas of what you use to keep everything inside the cage (hay from hay rack getting out the sides, etc) You can make the coroplast higher or put cardboard piece behing the hay.