Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to the forum

DarkVoodoo

Cavy Slave
Hi every one, my name is MaryBeth. I am a huge animal lover.
I had a guinea pig growing up and loved him!
I own (or owned by, I should say) 4 chihuahuas,1 American Pitbull Terrier (Stolen, but still looking for him),1 Rottweiler/Pitbull Cross,Fancy mice ,rats ,mini rex rabbits,several chickens .& pigeons
Currently I have 3 puppies Im handraising as well.

I dont have guinea pigs currently, but Ive been talking to someone in town about getting her 2 males that she doesnt want any more.

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
Wow, sounds like you have quite a collection of animals! :) An animal lover indeed.

Guinea pigs are great pets! Just be sure you have the room in your budget (about $60 per month), a large space for their cage, and about an hour each day to dedicate to their care, feeding, exercise, and handling. Start saving now for vet bills -- I have a small but steadily growing vet fund just for those "emergencies". Guinea pigs are exotic animals and their vet care is exorbitantly expensive. Saying this now because I wish I had done it myself -- beforeI got the pigs.

Welcome to the forum! :)

DarkVoodoo

Cavy Slave
Thanks
Due to my rats & mice I already have an exotic vet and an emergency vet bank account set up :)

3 of the chihuahuas are looking for a home.

All my small animals are housed in a special room in the house :) Theres enough space left to build C&C cage (at least 10.5 sq feet )

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Welcome! Do hope you find your dog. Check into all of the good infor for your future piggies.
Keep us posted.

DarkVoodoo

Cavy Slave
I'll be sure to post updates

DarkVoodoo

Cavy Slave
I got my 2 guys, now I just need to borrow a camera :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.