Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior It just makes me smile

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
So here's the story. One of my special needs seniors, Trio, is blind in one eye. My latest adoption, Louie, another senior at 7 years old, is his roomie.

They seem to really have bonded nicely. Trio loves to nap in his cuddle cup and Louie will sleep next to the cuddle cup that Trio is in. Trio also likes to nap in the hay bin. It's a large bin that sits on the floor of the cage so there's no danger there. Louie will hop into the hay bin and snuggle nose to nose with Trio and nap with him.

Since Trio can't see very well, he sometimes has trouble finding the food bowl. Today I put the food down, Louie went to the bowl but then stopped, walked over to the hay bin where Trio was, climbed in and nudged Trio out of it. I had to smile because it felt very much like he was saying, "Hey buddy, it's time to eat. Come on!"

It just warms my heart because they seem very much like my first two pigs, Shammy and Peppy. They would sleep nose to nose all the time and wanted just to be near each other in the cage, even if one was sleeping.

lissie

Cavy Slave
That is so sweet.

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
Oh man...what a truly loving pair of piggies, thank you so much for sharing their story....it really touched my heart ! I wish I knew your piggies....what beautiful little souls they are !❤️❤️

KiwiCavyAdorer

Cavy Slave
CavyMama, thank you so much for sharing that!❤️ How beautiful!!❤️ brought tears to my eyes.

Times like this when I read about the deep care pigs can have towards roomie's I so wish Maximus von Lichtenwalder was my own pig and I could let him experience that beautiful bond.

What a gift to have seen and felt !!❤️

Last edited:

pinky

Cavy Slave
That's so sweet and heartwarming! I'm really fond of the seniors, too. My Curly Fry will be 9 in November. She's taken every needy guinea pig under her wing. There hasn't been a single guinea pig that she hasn't bonded with. She nurtured and cared for my Truffles who had osteodystrophy. She would sleep next to her, shield her from the others and lick her clean. I think Truffles lasted as as long as she did because of Curly. It kills me when people abandon the old ones.

Henrysmommy

Cavy Slave
You just made my day! I might be able to get through 10am bio after all!

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Love that story! Thanks so much for sharing. Hope you can post pics of them sometime :)

faye_arv

Cavy Slave
Beautiful story...your piggies are better than a lot of humans...My Winnie calls for Wendy to come out and eat with her. It is adorable!!

funkyhair

Cavy Slave
Awe makes me teary eyed, such a lovely story.:eek:

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
What a cute story, it is truely touching and has made my day! ❤️

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.