PDA

View Full Version : New here and New to Guinea Pigs!

knj240
09-18-11, 09:10 pm
Hi everyone,
After a long hard search of the right Small pet for me I decided on a Guinea Pig for my family. In my area the main source of buying Most pets for people especially small pets is at our local Pet stores, which I will not buy from. So, after a lot of searching I found a breeder 1hour away from me.
We are bringing home a 3week old Guinea pig in 2 1/2-3 weeks.
He/She is just 2days old right now and I picked out him/her by pictures, which I will attach a picture of him/her in this thread. I am VERY excited.
He/She is coming with a starter Cage which is a 30" starter cage, I do plan to upgrade to something larger in a couple months, I love the C&C Cages and really thinking about making by myself instead of ordering one.

Anyway, I am very new, I have read the basics on what I need to buy for my Guinea pig and plan to start doing my shopping this week for him/her.
I am just getting one right now, As I feel I have enough time for him/her to be out of the cage to be happy.

Is there a certain Toy, or certain anything your piggie just CANT live without!?
I look forward to being an active member on this board and meeting you all.

Thanks for having me!

bpatters
09-19-11, 10:39 am
Cute pig! Welcome!

suzilovespiggie
09-20-11, 05:50 am
Welcome! Your new one is adorable!! Check out all the great info on the site. There is everything here to give her new one the very best piggie life.
Looking forward to sharing with you also.

Hhbean
09-22-11, 01:14 am
Aww...she/he is adorable. The best thing for my piggies is having a friend, they are just happier that way. So, if your able to I would get another one of the same sex from that litter.