Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Mission Accomplished!

Mimi59

Cavy Slave
Hey Everyone! This is my first C&C cage. Finally put everything together and finished my piggies new home. :) Thanks so much everyone for all your advice on building the cage ya'll really helped a lot!

055redo.jpg

070redo.jpg

lissie

Cavy Slave
It looks very nice and cozy. Be careful with the cut grid on the top. Looks like it could poke you.

Mimi59

Cavy Slave
Thank you. My piggie doesn't bother with the grid so far but I still have to work on it. I'm finished with it but have a little more tweaking to do.

lissie

Cavy Slave
I don't think your piggie could reach it. But when you clean the cage or pick up your pig, the sharp edges could injure you.

Why do you need the cut grid there? You could turn it the other way so the sharp points are going towards the outside of the cage. Break the legs off or cut them shorter so you can attach it to the connector or zip tie it.

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
OH I LOVE it ! Very nice job, and the lizards fleece is sooOOOoo cool. :cool:

You know those willow balls that you have hanging up in your cage ? My girls LOVE chewing on them, I just found that out only a few months ago. I plan to get them some more, when I can afford it. I just ordered some stuff from KM's so...anything extra special will just have to wait.

I agree with Lissie...those sharp points could hurt you my dear ! You know, there are lots of easy quick ways to remedy that !

a) a long skinny say, 2 1/2 inch rectangular piece of cork-board would do the trick! ( it would stick right into the sharp points, no glue, tape, or tools needed !)

b) a long piece of sponge, perhaps ?

c) you could wrap it with something cloth-like, just on the edges. Like I would cut a long piece of cloth, tie it to one end. Weave the cloth in and out of the squares along the edge and tie it off at the opposite end !

d) you of course, could just use some masking tape !

Really the ideas for a quick and simple idea to cover it up are endless, and easy to take care of ! Thank you for showing us your beautiful cage !

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Love the cage! I really like that little loft area! Your little piggy is so cute!

Mimi59

Cavy Slave
Lissie- I thought about it and your right! I just had it there to hang the toy attached to it. (my dad's idea) lol! Guess I can put it somewhere else thanks so much! :)

Mimi59

Cavy Slave
Kathlaaron- Thanks so much!!! :D I actually found it in Joann's it was on sell. I actually bought the willow balls a week ago and I was like Eh hes not gonna pay any mind to it.. I was totally wrong he loves it also! Your girl piggies are super adorable!! :) Yes lissie was absolutely right those edges are super sharp! I actually have a huge sponge.. I really like that idea! I'll be doing that today! Thanks so much for your kind comments and awesome ideas!

Hhbean- Thank you!! :) I put the loft up there so he has all his hay and food he can eat and not have it messy on the bottom area.. It's actually working!

thecomfycat

Cavy Slave
Looks great! Love the hay loft :)

pinky

Cavy Slave
I love your cage! Is that a booster seat you're using for the penthouse? Whatever it is, it's a great idea. I can tell you put a lot of thought into your cage! You can take package sealing tape and tape all across the top of the sharp edge and fold over on the bottom side.

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
Your cage looks great! I love the fleece and the hay loft! :)

Mimi59

Cavy Slave
To: theComfycat and OllieandFriends: Thank you for your kind comments!! I really appreciate them :)

To Pinky: Thank you! :) I had SO much coroplast left over and a few grids so I just put the cube together. then measure its sides ..got coroplast cut them to size. (used 3 for sides and bottom) Then got left over fleece I had from before measured that of course lol! Made it a sleeve and put the coroplast in the brown fleece and that's it. :)

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Love the little loft area, how cute! And the fabric. =D

skinnyguineaus

Cavy Slave
I really like it! How did you make your hay loft area and ramp?

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Great job on your first cage! You have a lucky piggie :)

Mimi59

Cavy Slave
To:RubyRain and Inle_Rabbit: Thanks so much for your comments!! Makes me feel my hard work has payed off lol! :)

To:Skinnyguineaus Thank you! :) I first made the ramp with left over coroplast guessed the size (made a rectangular shape). Then i took a left over grid.. I then cut the shape of the grid like the rectangular coroplast so the ramp could be sturdy for his weight. I taped this together with duct tape. Got old fleece measured it to size wrapped it once then glued the back with Tacky Glue put it in the sun to dry and then it was ready! Then I bought some Velcro and attached it to the loft with that. The hay loft is kinda the same way I had lots of coroplast left over and a few grids so I just put the cube together. then measure its sides ..got coroplast cut them to size. (used 3 for sides and bottom) Then got left over fleece I had from before measured that of course lol! Made it a sleeve and put the coroplast in the brown fleece and that's it. Hope this helps! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.