Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Look What I Found Inside my Cage!!!!

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
So, I woke up this morning, went downstairs to say good morning to my piggys and look what I found inside my cage!!! :eye-poppi

insidecage1.jpg

Squint96

Cavy Slave
Oh my gosh! Is everyone ok? That must have been quite a surprise!

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Holy! Did your kitty just want friends or a snack? It sure is a cute picture (as long as your pigs are ok!)

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Nice warm place to sleep! Are the piggies ok? I see one of them. Cute fleece print too!

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
Well to answer the question about my pigs be ok, thy are fine. If they were hurt or if she was going to hurt them, I wouldnt have taken the time to take the picture.
My cat befriends every kind of creature besides other cats. She loves the guinea pigs but I would never leave her unsupervised with them as she has claws and teeth. I have NO idea how long she was in there for but she was just chilling and surprisingly, my guinea pigs were up there walking around with and ontop of her! They ran when I took the pic, but you can see Studly at the top of the ramp lol
It just shocked me! She squeezed threw the little opening on the left side of the cage where the hay is...silly kitty!

Squint96

Cavy Slave
That is too funny! It must be nice having a friendly cat; less to worry about:)

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
My cat is the same way. I trust him more with my piggies than I do my kids. I gave up with a lid to keep him out because they just cry and cry and cry for eachother and bite the bars and break their teeth. My cat Lucky goes into their cage, eats their hay then corners a piggy and sits next to them. Sweety Pie will come up and lay next to him on his own. When there is floor time Lucky and Sweety Pie will chase eachother. Its so cute and Lucky really has NO instincts to hunt. We had a mouse once and the mouse charged him and he ran away... Hehe

P1070210.jpg

P1070201.jpg

P1060902.jpg

mmas4

Cavy Slave
One of my cats tried that and the guinea pigs scared her out lol. She hasnt gone back in since. One of my other cats likes to sit in the back corner of their cage. He leaves the pigs alone. Just likes to sit in the back corner.

vickiandcraig

Cavy Slave
We have 2 cats, 1 of which is an avid hunter, but neither really don't even pay attention to our piggies. Actually our hunter, Lucy, usually shows her hatred for any addition to our family (dog, another cat, etc) but never gave our piggies any hatred what so ever. She looks and sniffs around but that's it. The other cat Gizmo, just watches them but doesn't dare come close.

logansmomma1228

Cavy Slave
LOL! I laughed so hard when I saw that pic! My cat watches the piggies, and sniffs them, but she really doesn't do anything other than that. I doubt they will ever be play buddies, but it's good for me to know that she doesn't try to get in the cage or anything.

SweetiePig- I can see the hallway thing I asked you about in your other thread, so my question is answered. Another question, though--- how in the world did you do that, floor wise? Is there another piece of wood under it for support to make a little bridge?

Oh, and HOW did your cat get in there? :eye-poppi

skinnyguineaus

Cavy Slave

Mimi59

Cavy Slave
This is so awesome and adorable!! :) I have a one year old Cockapoo (dog breed) and he also is the same exact way!!

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
That's such a cute picture! Our dog is afraid of the pigs, whenever she sees them she runs and hides! lol

Kim37040

Cavy Slave
Cute pictures, but I would be terrified that the piggies would get hurt.

SydsMom

Cavy Slave
I have 3 cats... one could careless about the pigs...one isnt sure about them and the third sits ontop of their cage and smacks them in the head (she is declawed) I really would be more worried about my dog with them, she is part terrior so she has that instinct for rodents

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
All my cats are interested in is the hay, grass, and the nice soft fleece!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.