Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

First time piggie owner here

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
I've had my little dumplings since the end of winter. I took in Huey to save him from a mean little bunny! My Aunt had rescued him and unknowingly put him in with her bunnies(the smallest one picked on Huey). He is the sweetest little guy! After reading about GPs I found Roger on Craigslist(humane society didn't have any because it was adopt a GP month). I have fallen in love with my boys and will spoil them for the rest of their lives! I'm so glad i stumbled onto this site, it has made me a better Mom to my little guys. They are so different, Huey is calm and will freeze in place if he thinks he's in danger,loves to just cuddle during lap time,will run up to the cage and give kisses and loves different foods. Roger on the other hand is a dare devil and wants to check everything out before settling down to cuddle, will only come to you if you have food, not a fan of a lot of different foods.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
They are lovely piggies! Good for you for rescuing them! Did you quarantine for 21 days before putting these two piggies together?

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Sure did, they could hear eachother but they were in separate rooms. Then we let them have some floor time with us and were able to remove the divider. They then became teenagers within a month(testicles dropped) and up went the devider! A few months later we started floor time togather again, washed everything to descent(even the boys) and they seem to have bonded.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.