Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Fleece Ideas?

Mimi59

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone! Today I worked on my first c&c cage it came out great! I have the coroplast all set.. But I had a few questions about the fleece. I've seen alot of awesome cages on this site! and I love how the fleece goes over the sides of the coroplast. My piggie eats about anything and everything! I was wondering how the fleece folds over the sides so neatly how could I do that? do i need velcro or do I clip the sides? Just wondering if anyone had any ideas or how to's?

I ordered fleece liners for the first time the other day. Im waiting for them to come in now. I love the fleece too, makes the cages look great and much less of a mess than bedding! Do you sew? Did you want to make them yourself? or did you need them made?

I have one fleece blanket that folds over enough on each side to stay (the cage helps hold the folded-over part in place), but my other blanket needs binder clips to stay on the long ends (my girls will burrow under the fleece if they can). Here's a video from another thread on how to sew your own Piggy Bedspreads style fleece liner (with very snug-fitting sides): https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/bedding/61253-quick-how-vid-make-c-c-cage-liner.html

oh wow! Awesome! :D Didn't know you can order cage liners online. I tried the other bedding's but fleece is just the best to use. I really suck at sewing lol! But my mom is awesome at it? I can probably ask her. What is the website where you ordered the cage liners?

To guineapikhs- I was thinking about using the binder clips also! My piggie does the same exact thing he eats and burrows all the time! That really sounds like an awesome idea thanks so much! :) I watched the video. it made me understand way more about sewing the cage liner. thanks again!

:cheerful:I can help. I PMed you!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.