PDA

View Full Version : Building a guinea pig cage in New Zealand

Jaypig
09-06-11, 06:25 am
Hi guys, I live in Invercargill.
Is it possible for me to order cube sets (grids) and corflute from here??
Thanks!!

bpatters
09-06-11, 07:01 am
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

If you google "corflute "New Zealand"" (without the outside quotes), you'll find a number of places selling it there, but I don't know how close any of them are to you.

You can try the same thing with wire storage cubes, but I didn't see much for New Zealand. A perfectly acceptable substitute which is available there is wire shelving. The advantage is that it's sturdier, the disadvantage is that you can't as easily reconfigure your cage into different shapes as you can with cubes. You can find it at any building supply store, and they'll usually cut it to the lengths that you want.

Jaypig
09-06-11, 05:01 pm
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

If you google "corflute "New Zealand"" (without the outside quotes), you'll find a number of places selling it there, but I don't know how close any of them are to you.

You can try the same thing with wire storage cubes, but I didn't see much for New Zealand. A perfectly acceptable substitute which is available there is wire shelving. The advantage is that it's sturdier, the disadvantage is that you can't as easily reconfigure your cage into different shapes as you can with cubes. You can find it at any building supply store, and they'll usually cut it to the lengths that you want.

Thank you, I had already done that, but I did not find a website offering storage cubes for sale in NZ.

I was just wondering if someone had already gone through this research process and could indicate specific sources for the materials needed.
Anyway, thanks for the tip about the wire shelving.