Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

The Boys

Rhyue

Cavy Slave
Hello all, I've posted a few times before but I think its about time to actually introduce/show off the little guys. I've got three boys: Tobe, Chester, and Logan. They're all about 3.5 months old at the moment, I got Logan a bit later than the first two, but they were housed together before I also took him home. He's a lot smaller than the other two though. Possibly genetics, possibly difference in care. Tobe and Chester seem like they might be brothers, though they are quite different in color (the hair itself and their body shape is very similar though).

Tobe:
the_baron_by_rajewel-d46x9hh.jpg
He's the largest of the bunch (weight and size, though he's not the "heaviest;" the chub chub title belongs to Chester). He's currently about 850 grams and probably the leanest of the group, he's got a very large frame. If he was to be really round he'd be a heavy weight, he's the least food orientated of the group which probably explains why he's the lightest. There isn't food competition in the cage. He seems to be the boss of the cage anyway.

He's gotten the nick name of "grumpy" or "the king" due to his somewhat pompous attitude. He's the quickest to make it clear something is bugging him with more than just some talk (though he doesn't bite, or at least hard enough for it to hurt). Mainly this occurs when he wants our dog to stop bathing him (our older, larger dog... all 14 lb... thinks the piggies are his puppies and bathes and cleans up after them o_o) or he doesn't think its time for lap time to end yet. He get VERY grumpy about being put back when he's on your lap. No issues coming out or being picked up any other time, he just enjoy's his lap time a little too much (he sleeps almost instantly aftering being put down on your lap).

He's also the clumsiest of the group. He's popcorned more than a few times while standing under a hidey house, clunking himself in the head. Also isn't all the graceful getting into our out of the bathroom/food box.

Chester:

mr__handsome_by_rajewel-d46xfwd.jpg
...going to continue in a second

Rhyue

Cavy Slave
Chester:

View attachment 14639
Sorry to start a new post, apparently I cannot edit after 10 minutes o_O.

Anyway, about Chester. He's the roundest of the group, weighing about 780 grams at the moment (smaller frame than Tobe). He's a real food monger. Screw the hidey house, screw that large noise, there might be food about! He'll even be trying to eat the brush while I'm trying to sweep the fleece in their cage. He's taken up residence next to the food box and seems to always be by the food bowl. Though he does use the hidey houses occasionally.

He's a bit hard to catch in the cage but likes to be held once caught. He likes to climb up you and sit on your chest or in a big blanket next to you. He's a pretty well mannered piggy overall.

Logan
logan_by_rajewel-d46x698.jpg
The last addition to the bunch and the smallest, though I think he's about the same age. He's only 620 ish grams, though he's fairly round now (though not as muscular as the other two yet). He's got a small frame though. He looks the largest due to his fur, but is pretty tiny. He's quite submissive but I think he's somehow become something of a shadow boss of the cage (I think Tobe is the outright boss though).

He's very vocal, and somewhat skiddish still. He's the easiest to pick up, ironically. He's very sweet and docile, the easiest to groom of the group (which is nice since he's the only one with dark claws). He's becoming quite the food monger, like Chester. I'm not sure if he's a satin, his undercoat is quite shiny, though I'm not sure if its just a healthy sheen more obvious on dark fur. He does seem to like to taste me, or perhaps he's trying to pull out my leg hair. Not sure which.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Hi Rhyue,

Welcome!! Very cute piggers you've got there. Sorry about the photo attachment problem. Thought I had that resolved, it appears not. At least the link to the photo works.

Welcome to the forum! Look forward to more great photos.

Cheers!

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
Hello Rhyue, welcome to the forum! You have some really beautiful piggies! They are all so cute. You also have a really nice camera! :)

Again, welcome! I hope you can take advantage of all the great information and advice this place has to offer.

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Welcome Rhyue! Your boys are fabulous!! I love Logan's spikes! Really like your descriptions of their personalities also.
There is wonderful advice here for all of your piggie needs. Read and enjoy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.