Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lethals Koopa chewed on Polar pack

Fuzzballlove

Cavy Slave
I use polar packs and frozen water bottles to help my piggys cool down and I have never had any problems, but today I walked in to find Koopa chewing the pack. I wrap the packs MULTIPLE times and have never had trouble. I don't know how he did it, I'm baffled and very scared and frantic. The pack says non toxic but I'm sure they didn't put that on there with guinea pigs in mind. The soonest I can get my baby in to the vet is Thursday. Also my other baby, Smudge seems to have a broken nail right at the top on the side where the nail grows from the paw. Everything that could go wrong, did this week, and its only Tuesday. Will koopa be okay? and smudge?

louie_joey

Cavy Slave
What a crappy start to the week! How much of the pack did he ingest? Is it the kind with the gooey blue stuff inside? I would try to at least talk to the vet on the phone about Koopa, see what he/she thinks. As for the nail, I'm not quite clear on what happened- did the whole nail come off?

Fuzzballlove

Cavy Slave
Thank you louie. Koopa ate alot of the top lining of the pack. It has clear gel in it. I dont think he ate much gel but I know he had atleast some. Im worried as well about the plastic he ate. Smudges nail is still all there, it seems to maybe have split on the side. He wont let me get a good look at it. He also is making the "hooting" noise every few days.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.