Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Human Shampoo Refrence!

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
I went to some bozo's site while looking for a refrence to bathing my pigs. I found this in the shampoo part!

Though the veterinary profession insists human hair shampoo is dangerous for animals, it is not, and certainly none that are recommended in this book. It is also, incidentally, a lot cheaper than any you will buy from a veterinary surgery. Remember that most of it has already been tested animal guinea pigs anyway!.

He says "Already tested on guinea pigs" like he doesn't even care! Ugggg!
I found this utterly rude!

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Is that from Peter Gurney? I have read that before, and I remember feeling disgusted at it then

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
As utterly rude as it is, it's true about the testing thing. Howver, if it is from Pete Gurney, don't even look at his information. Half of it's incorrect and the other half is stolen.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I thought Peter Gurney was supposed to be respected? I've not read much of his work, but I know for sure that some people praise it!

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Yes, he's respected, but I've read some of his website((broken link removed)) and quite a bit of it is untrue. I believe he claims all males fight, the shampoo thing, and quite a few others.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
ugh, silly man. I'll just have a skim through his webiste

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Oh, it was him that said it then! I thought so...

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
Yes it was him indeed...

Guinea_Gal

Cavy Slave
But the worst thought is that some new piggy owner will mistakedly go to his site, use his info that we ALL KNOW IS UNTRUE and then who knows what will happen to the piggy! We should email him and tell him what we know and how much his site infuriates us!

Guinea_Gal

Cavy Slave
It is a good idea to bath your guinea pigs at least once every three months in an anti parasitic shampoo. The one I use is Prioderm which is used upon children who get hair lice. I leave it on for about ten minutes than rinse off.

This is under his A-Z "bathing" where i also found the passage about human shampoo and it being okay as well! I am so angry!
I had head lice about 5 years ago when i was in 3rd grade, and i used that lice shampoo as well. It is so strong that i could not even leave it on my head for 10 minutes. I can't even imagine how it would affect a guinea pigs skin!

I am definitly going to write to this guy!
How dare he. People can be so ignorant.

Guinea_Gal

Cavy Slave
I just tried to sign his guestbook and tell him what i think because he has no email on his page and it siad all guestbooks are closed due to abuse! I wonder if someone tried to tell him that a lot of his info was wrong and he got mad or something!

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave
I was the same way. Initially awestruck by the volume of information his sites hold, it's not worth a lick of good since a lot of it is wrong.

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
Deleted this post as it was incorrect.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
"I, and a friend of mine have both fallen victim to that assumption [thinking a boar was unfertile]. We had boars that had not bred since birth and when they were about two years old we put them into pens with lots of sows. Within a few weeks her's had got five pregnant and mine had got three!. They obviously had preferred to 'pick their own,' so to speak! It was either that or the experience of suddenly finding them surrounded by bevies of sows in abundance had worked wonders for their libidos!."

Guinea_Gal

Cavy Slave
Slap, is that a quote from gurney;s site. if not, who's quote is it. It sort of sounds like him to me. I wouldn't be surprised anyway!

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Yes, it is.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
If you quote something from another website you must include a link to the page you got it from. Otherwise you are violating copywrite laws.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Oops, and there I was licking away at my screen whilst on his site Chad. Hmph..

Access

Cavy Slave
Copyright, not copywrite.
You don't necessarily have to include an actual link, as long as you state where it came from clearly. Linking to certain sites, like sites that violate copyright themselves, can get you in trouble.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Excuse me for not spelling one word correctly. I guess it shows I am only human.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.