PDA

View Full Version : Breeder block hutches

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Sawda
09-27-05, 09:21 am
Thats fine by me like I said all to there own.
I don't care that you have no respect for me but hey maybe if you did and saw what we do you just might maybr, i'm not sayying you would.
To be honest I do care that the RSPCA respect what we do for them so hey we have the aproval of a top animal resce in the UK so thats all we need.
I really don't mind what you think and i can't change the way you feel.
I agree wholeheartedly
If the rspca wern't happy why would they be sending rescues there for rehoming ?

Sabriel
09-27-05, 09:22 am
If I cared what you feel I wouldn't have said anything.The truth must be told. Some times the truth hurts, but where I come from rescuers don't breed. I know a wonderful rescue lady in my area who bends over backwards for the areas pigs. She does not breed. Why would she add to the problem? It would only make things more tangled then what they are.

How do you know the people you sold pigs to haven't turned around and bred them? They will see you doing it and think it's OK. How do you know your rescues are not related to the pigs you sold? Maybe you helped create those pigs you aquired just to put down? Something to think about while you blithely go on you merry way making more pigs to add to the population problem.

What are you going to do with all those pigs when you grow up and move out? Is mommy and daddy going to take care of it? I doubt your first place will have room for all those pigs.

Sawda
09-27-05, 09:24 am
If I cared what you feel I wouldn't have said anything.The truth must be told. Some times the truth hurts, but where I come from rescuers don't breed. I know a wonderful rescue lady in my area who bends over backwards for the areas pigs. She does not breed. Why would she add to the problem? It would only make things more tangled then what they are.

How do you know the people you sold pigs to haven't turned around and bred them? They will see you doing it and think it's OK. How do you know your rescues are not related to the pigs you sold? Maybe you helped create those pigs you aquired just to put down? Something to think about while you blithely go on you merry way making more pigs to add to the population problem.

What are you going to do with all those pigs when you grow up and move out? Is mommy and daddy going to take care of it? I doubt your first place will have room for all those pigs.
Emma is an adult. she lives with her boyfriend and his parents. They are soon buying a house of there own which they will bring the pigs with them into

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 09:27 am
hang on a sec! whos saying they get PTS? some we have had in we have had to have PTS-mainly because they have internal bleeding from been kept with rabbits but this has only happened twice once because of that reson and once because she was dying and it was faired to have her PTS_ because they were so so ill and it was the best for them.
Yes we DID sell them to pet shops but now we have reconsided this because of the way the shop has gone.
Its me who has wrote it wrong sorry!
we sometimes try and find new homes for the rescues but not many people actually want them.
and who said they end up as snake food??
the only places who do that are the ones that breed guineas birds chicks rats mice etc purley for this poupose.
I'm sorry if i have not made my points to come a cross better than how i have put them

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 09:33 am
How do you know your rescues are not related to the pigs you sold? Maybe you helped create those pigs you aquired just to put down? Something to think about while you blithely go on you merry way making more pigs to add to the population problem.

no Mummy and daddy arn't! I look after them now and have done since i was 10 so i'm not going to stop looking after them am i?
I do know what guineas are related to who!
I don't go around telling people its okay to breed!
I don't "create" guineas just for them to be put down! I never said that!!
and yea i will have room for ALL my pets so that includes the ferrets the gerbils the african land snails the fish and the guineas.
They are MY pets that I look after.
The only time someone els looks after them is when we go away or if i am ill.
And i dout I'll have that many guineas when I do move out as I'm having mine while my mum takes in the rescues

Sabriel
09-27-05, 09:35 am
We often have guineas from the local animal aution even if its to just get them besacuse they need putting to sleep --as has happened before-- is it often or is it twice? Make up your mind.

Once those pigs are out of your hand you have no clue what has happened to them. When Jr. gets tired of them where do you think they go?

Now I am EDITED years old and my hutches are the same as GPpersons.

Either Sawda is confused as to who I am talking to, or you people marry young out there. EDITED years old means you still live with your mom and dad. i left home young, but even I waited till I was 16.

The world is a different place at EDITED years old. When you are older you will understand.

Sabriel
09-27-05, 09:41 am
Peeple learn by exaple. You don't need to tell them. They see you doing it. They think breeding is ok since the "rescue lady" breeds.

I'm sure you don't breed to make a problem. Good intentions are not enough though. Just beaucse you don't want something to happen doesn't mean it will not happen. Think of every pig ypou have sold. Do you know where it is right this instant? Do you know it's well cared for?

When you move out, unles you have load sof money that is, you will most likely start out with a small apartment then move up to a house. You can house about a dozen pigs comfortably in a small apartment. Making sacrifices of your own of course. You sem to have more then that, plus your other animals. Where will you fit them? Or will they suffer with less space?

Then again I am thinking a proper 2X3 C&C per pair, not little cages in a shed.

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 09:43 am
is it often or is it twice? Make up your mind.

Once those pigs are out of your hand you have no clue what has happened to them. When Jr. gets tired of them where do you think they go?
what question are you reffering to for the oce or twice?
when Jr gets tired of the guineas we get them back so they come back to us.
and most guineas we sell or rehome are to adults not children
and seen as though i'm not going to be living in a flat they wouldn't have less space.
there will be plenty of space for all of my pets.
I'm not going to post how many pets i own becasue of what people will say

Sawda
09-27-05, 09:49 am
Either Sawda is confused as to who I am talking to, or you people marry young out there. EDITED years old means you still live with your mom and dad. i left home young, but even I waited till I was 16.

The world is a different place at EDITED years old. When you are older you will understand.
im confused

Myspoiltpiggies
09-27-05, 09:50 am
Now I am EDITED years old and my hutches are the same as GPpersons....As for the amount of guineas I have I darn't say how many because I don't want to hear what people will think. Lets just say its more than GPperson.
:eek: how? I have 16 guinea pigs and I am EDITED years old... It is hard work making sure they are all in good health and that they are all held. I just about manage... but how does a EDITED year old manage with (40+ pigs?) Do you get help? I don't, I do the care of my guinea pigs by myself.. my parents take responsibility of money for their food, vets..etc..

Sabriel
09-27-05, 09:53 am
See the quotes above my statements. They make more sense.

I was not talking to Emma Sawda. i was talking to Cavy Cove. Emma is GP persons is she not?

Cavie Cove:
Often or twice refers to how may pigs were put to sleep. First you say often times you adopt or buy pigs to put them to sleep. They you backpeddled and siad twice,

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 09:55 am
:eek: how? I have 16 guinea pigs and I am EDITED years old... It is hard work making sure they are all in good health and that they are all held. I just about manage... but how does a EDITED year old manage with (40+ pigs?) Do you get help? I don't, I do the care of my guinea pigs by myself.. my parents take responsibility of money for their food, vets..etc..
I only get help when I am ill or now for instace because I have ringworm so i can't tough any of the guineas.I clean feed give fresh water hay dry food etc all by my self.
ALL my money goes on to the guineas.
I do check each of them everyday for helth.
I have so many because my parents know I love and care for them and can see that I can look after them

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 09:56 am
Often or twice refers to how may pigs were put to sleep. First you say often times you adopt or buy pigs to put them to sleep. They you backpeddled and siad twice,
My bad there sorry I did mean just twice but reffered to it as often. What i should have put was that many we have had in as rescues have died due to their condition and then said about the 2 we have had put to sleep.
Sorry that was my bad

Sabriel
09-27-05, 09:57 am
I could love and care for a lot of pigs too, but I would rather have 5 happy pigs in a huge cage then 40 not as happy pigs in small cages outside in a shed. One of my favorite things to do with my pigs is hold them while I watch TV or surf the net. I wouldn't want to trudge outside just to do that.

Edit: you need to think before you type then Cavy Cove. I had the same problem when I was your age. I would speak before I thought and I would do stupid things. I would seriously question how a 14 year old could keep so many animals and not think for the future.

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 10:01 am
Hey I love spending hours in the shed with them and handeling grooming them than be in watching TV.
Sometimes I even do my homework in the shed! I love the outdoors and would rather be out with the guineas or out with the ferrets playing in the garden.
Personal liking I supose. And they are happy where they are. They popcorn most days where they are and are fit and healthy and always "bright eyes and bushy tail" but how do we know if they are happy where they are?
You don't really do you?
some like the smaller homes than the big homes. Some love hutches some love cages.
I don't think anyone can say they are or arn't happy when we don't know what they are saying do we? We can only judge by what we see
ED: sorry but how do you know I'm not looking to the future and if my parents wern't happy with how many animals I have they would tell me and tell me I need to cut down but they don't and you don't know me do you?
Some people can look after them some can't just because of my age doesn't mean I can't look after them.
How many animal crulity/rescue cases do you see when there owner is a "responsable" adult?

Sawda
09-27-05, 10:06 am
eek! i used to do that all the time.. i have calmed considerably now :D

Myspoiltpiggies
09-27-05, 10:19 am
ALL my money goes on to the guineas.

Your parents don't support you at all money-wise with the guinea pigs?
I'd hav no money left:eek: I just recently spent £108 on the cages and my mum and dad spent another £40 for the Correx. You must be richlol

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 10:23 am
the only money they support with is vet bills.
The hutches we have were well over £500 worth!
My mum and I do carboots so I'm always finding stuff to sell. And cakes go down very well.
No i'm not rich! lol!! all my pocket money goes on them and i don't really buy anything for me its all goes on the guineas

salana
09-27-05, 10:40 am
If you were interested in guinea pig welfare you would be concentrating on their happiness more instead of hurling insults at people you don't know.

1. We are interested in guinea pig welfare. Please go to the "home" link at the top...or any of the forums about building cages, making cages safer, finding cage materials, etc. Then there's also discussions about guinea pigs' social life (introductions, bad boar behavior, etc.), the best foods to feed, and some medical discussion. Also, many of the members here are also members on forums like GuineaLynx, the Pigloo, and even Cavy Madness and Cavies Galore, giving advice to other cavy slaves and learning more about their pets.

2. You guys are not being insulted. If you feel it is insulting to have your desire not to provide a better environment for your cavies pointed out, that's your problem. I challenge you to find any insults aimed at you guys (the insults you sling at us, like calling us "a big bunchy of idiots", don't count).

3. If you have such a big problem with mud-slinging, why don't you stop?

C&K
09-27-05, 10:44 am
My 16 month old turned off my computer just before I could respond to this, so I am going to try again now he is down for his nap.

I can't believe that you say on one hand that you have uncared for, unwanted guineas in your area, and then on the other hand that it is ok to breed and there is a market for your babies, and don't see that you are part of the problem:yuck:

People don't want rescues?? Is this because there is an ample supply of brand new babies on the market? Perhaps they are viewing the rescues as being "used" or "defective" or "not as good?" Perhaps if there where fewer guineas all around then those that truely want the responsibilities and joy of pet ownership would indeed adopt a rescue.

As for the petstore, first you defend pawning them off to the petstore, then you go back on what you said and say you are not going to do that anymore, because they are indeed, not as good or wholesome or caring as you thought they where? Well, what did you expect from someone who sells live animals for cash?

And as for saying that your guineas become snake / reptile food, indeed I am sure that it is more then possible. No one walking into a petstore and says "its my pythons birthday, I would like to get him a present", indeed, it is more like "My (insert name here) loves guineas and I would like to give him a nice surprise for his birthday). They ask for the (insert discription of pig here) put down the 20 dollars or pounds or whatever, and walk out. A couple hours later, it is chow time. And if you don't think this happens, consider the pour rabbit and Guinea in Ohio who was bought by a deranged teen from a pet shop and cooked up in a highschool cooking class. In the end no one could even charge him because he and his friends actually ate the poor little souls. Strange, horrible and bizarre things do happen.

Also, consider how you just about how hard it is to re home rescued pigs. If you take the average person who got a pig for there kids or on an impulse from a pet store, and now don't want it after realizing how much work it is, then they have a hard time finding a home too. How many of these people end up pawning off the guinea on the first person who FINALLY does respond to their "free pet" add and hope for the best? It isn't like said person is going to walk up and say, "I'll take that rodent off your hands, my snake is hungry".

On another note, as for "knowing" where you are going to be living when you are all grown up, this is nonsense. When I was 14 I lived in a 3000 square foot two story home with over an acre of property. I was horrified at the idea of living anywhere else. However... Things change. My parents fell on hard times, when I was 18 my father died, and we went through many moves, sometimes living in ... a flat, sometimes small houses and condos. Because I was not yet an adult, I had NO control over where we and my pets ended up.

But, I suppose you will just sell off your breeding stock and pack up and move when the time comes. No big deal, why are we making it into one right? I would love to ask though why at EDITED you are limiting your future to such that you know you won't be going away to school, or traveling for a year, or any other number of things that 40 guineas in tow will not allow for? Honestly, I think it is a little sad and needs rethinking...

Yes we DID sell them to pet shops but now we have reconsided this because of the way the shop has gone.
Its me who has wrote it wrong sorry!
we sometimes try and find new homes for the rescues but not many people actually want them.
and who said they end up as snake food??
the only places who do that are the ones that breed guineas birds chicks rats mice etc purley for this poupose.
I'm sorry if i have not made my points to come a cross better than how i have put them

C&K
09-27-05, 10:46 am
Your parents don't support you at all money-wise with the guinea pigs?
I'd hav no money left:eek: I just recently spent £108 on the cages and my mum and dad spent another £40 for the Correx. You must be richlol

Perhaps this is why she breeds, to support her pets? It hurts my head...

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 10:54 am
I don't breed to support my pets! and i didn't say anything about selling them as snake food!!
No i wouldn't sell up.
It is HARD to rehome rescues around this area! No one wants them they see babies and have them i have no control over that do i?
I don't mide that you all have you've points of views opoions thats fair enough but all i ask is for you not to judge me when you don't know anything about me and non of you have ever meet me have you?
If anyone really wants to have a go at me,ask questions tell me what i should or shouldn't do or anything like that PM me.

I have my plands and thoughts you lot have you'rs like i say fair enough and i don't mide you aring them.

Sabriel
09-27-05, 11:13 am
You have plenty of control. Stop making babies and you could easily rehome your rescues.

You made this public sweetheart and public it shall stay. If you didn't want people to judge you, you should not have posted about your little operation on an *anti-breeding* forum. They don't put a warning at the top for nothing. What you've done is the equivelent of walking onto a computer forum and saying "I hate Nerds!" Neither is well received.

Do you honestly think people would come up to you and say "Hey I wanna buy a guinea pig to feed my snake?" How many people have said that to you? People who want snake food commonly pretend they want a pet then go home and dump it in a snake enclosure.

So why would an animal that naturally lived on open plains like small hutches? I can see if they lived in caves or dens that they would enjoy small hutches but they lived in the grass. They like to run and do laps. How can they do that in a tiny cage? Click on the "testimonials" link at the top. That's an awful lot of guinea pigs who enjoy large spaces.

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 11:20 am
You have plenty of control.
I can't make people have guineas! we are public and it still doesn't matter that we are as no one is intrested in rehoming guineas over 6 months old here! We can't just turn around and say "you'r having this guinea or that guinea"
I never said they didn't like open spaces all i said was how do we know what they like don't like if we can't speak to them?

To be honest I have no idea why the wole snake thing has come up!
I just wanted to get my point of view across thats all like i say i don't mind what you think of my just don't judge a book by its cover thats all.
and don't call me sweetheart!

Sabriel
09-27-05, 11:23 am
Well if you stop giving them babies to chose from they will take your rescues. People tend not to want to leave places empty handed.

At least I didn't call you something nasty like your fellow breeders have been doing.

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 11:26 am
we don't always have babies! Even when all we have is older guineas they all say
"do you know anywhere we can get babies" or "Pets at home have babies lets go there"
Its very rare someone will take an older guinea.
My "fellow breeders" had no rights to call you all what they did and I agree with you alll on that subject.

CavyKind
09-27-05, 11:27 am
My mum and I do carboots so I'm always finding stuff to sell. And cakes go down very well.

Looks like I'll have to learn to bake, that way I won't need to dig into our bank account to pay for the upkeep of the rescue guineas I take in.

Mmmm....I wonder if the vet will let me pay in iced buns or chocolate cake?
Sorry but that has to be the funniest (if this wasn't such a tragic thread) thing I have heard in a long time.

Barbara

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 11:29 am
Actually our vets only charge for antibiotics for the rescue guineas and very rarley charge full price.
So what if i sell cakes! Nothiing wrong with that!

cavy-cool-crazy
09-27-05, 11:31 am

Snake and reptile breeders pose extremely well as great cavy owners. They will lie until they are blue in the face just to get those cavies, even if they have to pay money for the animals. They then feed the cavy to the snake as soon as they get home, or worse, breed two cavies and keep feeding the pups to their reptiles.

This is why it is vital to perform a home check before you rehome them, which is why snakes came into it.

CavyKind
09-27-05, 11:32 am
Its very rare someone will take an older guinea pig.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with you there.
I have rehomed numerous adult guinea pigs over the years, indeed many initial enquries are from people wanting an older guinea pig.

Often it's a case of one of their guineas has died and they are looking for a suitable companion, about the same age, to pal them up with.

Barbara

Myspoiltpiggies
09-27-05, 11:34 am
No i'm not rich! lol!! all my pocket money goes on them and i don't really buy anything for me its all goes on the guineas
oh ok. Same here, I hardly ever spend on myself!! It's much more enjoyable to give the guinea pigs pressies!!!

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 11:35 am
thank the lord someone agrees with me! lol
for now anyway

C&K
09-27-05, 11:37 am
I can't make people have guineas! we are public and it still doesn't matter that we are as no one is intrested in rehoming guineas over 6 months old here! We can't just turn around and say "you'r having this guinea or that guinea"
I never said they didn't like open spaces all i said was how do we know what they like don't like if we can't speak to them?

I just wanted to get my point of view across thats all like i say i don't mind what you think of my just don't judge a book by its cover thats all.
and don't call me sweetheart!

Ok then Honey bun, did you ever stop to think for a moment that pehaps if there was not an ample supply on the market of babies, that people might give those over 6 months old a second chance? What have you done lately exactly to try and advocate the rehoming of older pigs? Have you seen if any newspapers would run a story on your rescue operation with information on the fact that pigs live between 4-6 years, NOT about a year like most small animals? Have you done up flyers of pamplets to drop off at any location that may be animal friendly to speak up for your rescues? What have you done to educate the public on why they should adopt rather then buy a baby from a pet store? I am not going to judge you, I would love to hear exactly what, maybe you have done a lot, but all I can see from your past comments is that you have instead dumped even more babies on the market, and set an example that more breeding is ok. :melodrama

You have a lot of control over this. You don't have to supply these selfish people who only want babies with their babies. What happens when the babies grow up? You can speak up and advocate for your rescues, you could go to schools, you could go to youth groups, you could drop off pamplets at your local library. :o Instead, you flood the market with even more pigs. :grumpy:

As for the snake food comment, it is very simple to see where it came from. You sold pigs to petstores. People routinely buy small animals including guineas from petstores to be food for larger reptiles. It is that simple. Period. Definately a reason not to continue doing so, better yet, don't increase the population at all in your area, and go work your butt off to help your homeless pigs find loving caring homes, and in the interm, give them some more space to run around.

Sabriel
09-27-05, 11:38 am
Some people (like me) prefer older pigs. They have a defined personality. All my young sows turned out to be spoiled snots. Spinel and Lina are very laid back. They were both full grown when they came to me. Lina is 2 and a half and we don't know Spinel's age since he was a stray.

CavyKind
09-27-05, 11:40 am
Have I read these threads right?
You are a teenager, EDITED? Running a guinea pig rescue, that the RSPCA hands over unwanted guinea pigs too?

Who runs the rescue, you or your parents?
A child should not be running a rescue of any type. They are not capable.
If the RSPCA are giving any animal to you, they have something to answer for.

May I ask what the name of your rescue is?

Barbara

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 11:50 am
You are a teenager, EDITED? Running a guinea pig rescue, that the RSPCA hands over unwanted guinea pigs too?

yes I am EDITED! and myself and mum run the rescue.
No we don't have a name reason below.
My dad doesn't want us to go public besacue hes frightened that the guineas will get pinched as there is a lot of pet stealing happeneing around here over the last few months--rabbits have been beheaded birds stolen cats shot pregnant guineas and rabbits been stolen and then returned dead-- so we don't want to go public all over the place.
If anyone rings the RSPCA asking for them to take in any guineas they pass our number onto the people and they ring us up and we have them off us and we take the guineas in.

C&K
09-27-05, 11:50 am
I don't think anyone here thinks you are rich, which is why we are so concerned. Everytime you breed a sow you run a 25% risk of complications, 20% risk she will die. What are you going to do with a sow in distress? I don't think your parents are going to pay for to many vet bills running thousands of pounds. http://www.cavyspirit.com/breeding.htm

You are gambling with your pigs lives for the selfish "joy" of experiancing the pitter patter of tiny feet over and over again. And once the pigs get a little bigger and are not as enjoyable anymore, and the thrill has worn off a little, you box them up to unknown futures, and start the whole thing over again.

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 11:55 am
What are you going to do with a sow in distress? I don't think your parents are going to pay for to many vet bills running thousands of pounds.
yes we are aware of the risks etc. If a sows in distress she goes to the vets oviously!
How will the vet bill run into thousands of pounds??
I would never box up the guineas and get rid of them!! They are basicly the only thing that keeps me going.

daftscotslass
09-27-05, 11:56 am
You are a teenager, 14? Running a guinea pig rescue, that the RSPCA hands over unwanted guinea pigs too?

Barbara

Can I just add to this...

So you say the RSPCA have approved you as a rescuer? This means you have had a qualified inspector round and your cages have been approved by them?

Here's how I see it. I adopted several small and furries (hamsters and guinea pigs) from our local SSPCA (the Scottish version of the RSPCA). I wasn't home checked - I walked home with the animals. Note that this is not the case for cats our dogs. I have left my telephone number with the local SSPCA centre in the event that a guinea pig is handed in and, after the week's residence is up (you do know about the week in limbo for animals that are handed in as strays?) they will contact me to see if I am available to take them in. Does this mean I have been approved and vetted by the SSPCA? No, it doesn't. It's just lucky for the guinea pigs that I DO provide them with a cage larger than the size requirements on this site.

I had one guinea pig at the age of 14 (yes, that's right, one. I never knew any better). Though I thought I was responsible for it, I wasn't. If you have the ability to raise funds YOURSELF for food, housing and healthcare for one let alone several cavies, then only then are you truly responsible. I really, really hope this isn't just a fad for you.

daftscotslass
09-27-05, 11:58 am

My one guinea pig cost me £120 in emergency surgery and treatment in two days. Times that by 10 guinea pigs (yes, it can happen - just ask GPperson who had an outbreak of disease that I'm sure required emergency treatment) and, well, you do the maths...

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 11:58 am
So you say the RSPCA have approved you as a rescuer? This means you have had a qualified inspector round and your cages have been approved by them?
yes a home inspector came round and checked and asked where they would go and we told them and they approved.
I am the one responsible for them and have been for 4 years.

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 12:00 pm
My one guinea pig cost me £120 in emergency surgery and treatment in two days. Times that by 10 guinea pigs (yes, it can happen - just ask GPperson who had an outbreak of disease that I'm sure required emergency treatment) and, well, you do the maths...
we are well aware of the prices! try having to get treatment for ALL the guineas because of an out break of ringworm! then on top of that add two operation bills.
We are well aware

CavyKind
09-27-05, 12:01 pm
yes I am EDITED! and myself and mum run the rescue.
No we don't have a name reason below.

Thank you for clearing that up...you don't actually run a guinea pig rescue after all. As I suspected...

Barbara

daftscotslass
09-27-05, 12:01 pm
we are well aware of the prices! try having to get treatment for ALL the guineas because of an out break of ringworm! then on top of that add two operation bills.
We are well aware

Then why question why vet bills can run into thousands if you already know?

cavy-cool-crazy
09-27-05, 12:04 pm
Cavie Cove, do you do home checks and regular later checks after adoption?

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 12:05 pm
Thank you for clearing that up...you don't actually run a guinea pig rescue after all. As I suspected...
its a rescue for guineas but basicly part of the RSPCA!
I have said the reason for us not going public! we don't want to come home one day and find them all slaughtered!

Then why question why vet bills can run into thousands if you already know?
I'm asking why would it be thousands?
the RSPCA do the home checks most of the time people bring the homes that the guineas are going t stay in for us to see.

daftscotslass
09-27-05, 12:06 pm
its a rescue for guineas but basicly part of the RSPCA!
I have said the reason for us not going public! we don't want to come home one day and find them all slaughtered!

I'm asking why would it be thousands?

Read my post #290

Why on earth would you say something like that? That's disgusting. Or are you doing something that you think you might provoke that?

Sabriel
09-27-05, 12:07 pm
How are you going to get the ring worm spores out of the hutches? Wood is a breeding ground for such things.

cavy-cool-crazy
09-27-05, 12:07 pm

Then how will people know you exist??

Do you not have security in your house? Alarms, security lights, padlocks, blots, door locks etc.?

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 12:08 pm
Right cavie cove sawda pegs mum and emma are all lovley people with happy healthy pigs!
We breed and show-get over it !!
Our pigs are healthy and happy!
Not one of our babies have been miss treated or given to some one nasty!
Our hutches and lay out are fine too!
We love,feed and cuddle thease animals and have time for each and every one!
We would never miss treat them or make them un-happy!

And as for that snake thing - Well snake most snake owners would not feed there pigs to their snakes! Why - it would be easier to use mice- they are cheaper , easier to breed and have lots of babies and are not pregnant for a very long time ! why not pigs - well they are hard to breed, do not have very many pups and are pregnant for 3 months!

I am not saying it is right to feed mice to snakes i am just pointing out that none of my friends would ever give there pig to people they do not like!

I do not have a cavy cage , Why you ask - well in my opinion they are dangerous and fleece is not ideal as it gets stained easier ect ect! and also you may not have room for these inside!

Why hutches- They can be large (like mine) very warm , and also you may have a small house and a HUGE garden!

You peopel are very small minded as you say a pig will only be happy having a cc! well its not true , i have 3 happy , healthy pigs which live in hutches and go in a run!

Ok we all love pigs but you can not tell us what is right !! it is our desision to breed ect!

If you do not agree with that then fine but every animal has to breed because
1. we need food
2. they could become exincted
and we are breeding for our own selfs we do not ship them off nation wide and feed them to snakes ect!We love our pigs and all other pets!

And as for showing well- some aniamls liked to be shown like dogs and horses! we show pigs to get the type know and things like that! the shows prmote cavy care and for people to look after them well!

Why would we have pigs if we were wanting to harm them- we would not spens hundrens every week in some cases to feed clean and love them?!

Our pigs are our pride and joy and always will be!

You can not stop us showing and breeding! and also thet way you lot are is awful! i meen you come screaming and shouting at us!!!?????????

The mods should have closed this ages ago before this happened!

I feel stronrely about my friends being slagged off! KEEP YOUR NOSES OUT!!!!

ban me if you want !

i love the forum that im on and don't slag that off to like i have seen !

I only came on here to see what emma was upset about and now also you are telling people they can not look after their pigs!

Well i ahev something to tell you- You make me sick acusing people and making them upset!!!!!!!!!

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 12:08 pm
How are you going to get the ring worm spores out of the hutches? Wood is a breeding ground for such things.

the vets gave us Imaverol to scrub the hutches with

cavy-cool-crazy
09-27-05, 12:09 pm
How can they bring the home? I mean the new carers' house, not the hutch etc.!

cavy-cool-crazy
09-27-05, 12:10 pm
Well snake most snake owners would not feed there pigs to their snakes
It is a fact. A well-known one at that. Snake breeders do not care for any other animals. Piggies are larger and have more meat on them than mice, whihc is one reason for them choosing pigs.

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 12:11 pm
Then how will people know you exist??

Do you not have security in your house? Alarms, security lights, padlocks, blots, door locks etc.?
people know we exist by getting in contact with the RSPCA who then give them our number
Yes we have secrity but that has not stopped the sick people doing what they have done. You just need to read the local paper and see the pictures

Piglet
09-27-05, 12:13 pm
I think the home inspector must have been drunk or something. Very good point Doc, didn't you say you hated swearing ilovepiggiesthei? Didn't think I would see your insult did you?

This is just too much - my head hurts. You are a 14 year old who has more pigs than many of us members put together. That's not right is it? How on earth do you care for them all? Wouldn't it be better to only have a few, like Sabriel said, and give them the best care? It costs me on average, £10-15 a week to feed my two greedy pigs :) You have nearly 20 times that. So you're telling me you earn/have enough money to feed 40 mouths? That is just utterly ridiculous. And what about hay/bedding/toys?

You are creating unneccesary births - the pigs don't want to breed, YOU DO! How cruel is to purposely let the sow get pregnant? What a selfish act.

Answer me this please and I may shut up - how are the guinea pigs benefitting from breeding

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 12:13 pm
How can they bring the home? I mean the new carers' house, not the hutch etc.!

What do you mean? they bring the hutches and cages to show us what the guineas will be living in and the RSPCA are the ones who have the althority to do the home checks not us

Piglet
09-27-05, 12:14 pm
Woah, sorry for bombarding you with all those questions - my ? key is beginning to wear!

Sabriel
09-27-05, 12:16 pm
No the mods should not close this. If you do not like it then leave. This is an anti-breeding and anti-showing cavy housing forum. Comming on here and telling us breeding is ok is like going onto a computer forum and telling the members that you hate computer nerds. It is a slap in the face to the good people who run this forum and try to spread the message about homeless cavies all over the world.

Bottom line: We don't like your cages. They are too small and they are outdoors. Maybe if you all kept your animals inside you wouldn't have to worry about creepy people killing them.

We don't like breeders. Many of us spend our free time trying to clean up breeders messes. We take in the animals you people breed. Get it? Do you think we like that there are homeless animals?

Why don't you go back to your breeder forums and pat your selves on the back while you wear your rose coloured glasses and let us mature people get back to the important issues of how to help cavies. We don't come on your forums and bug you, why do you think you have the right to come on ours and hurl insults at us?

daftscotslass
09-27-05, 12:17 pm
Ok in response to your post ilovpiggiesthei:

You are not obliged to use fleece as bedding in a C&C cage, that is personal choice. You can use whatever you want, shavings, carefresh or hay.
Give me some examples (real life examples) of how YOU personally have found C&C cages to be dangerous.
Guinea pigs will never become extinct. There will always be backyard breeders like yourselves.
I take it you can prove that guinea pigs can enjoy themselves at shows? You do this how? Prove it. And none of this anthropomorphic nonsense.
You call us small minded... bear in mind the forum you are posting on... http://cavycages.com/forum (http://cavycages.com/forum) most if not all of the people on here have tried traditional cages and, through experience, have given them up. If you have tried both then only then do you have a right to pass judgement. By being here you have agreed to the rules - breeding is not promoted on this site, nor is showing and nor are tiny cages. I had guinea pigs in hutches for some time until I learned the hard way.
If you have a valid arguement you can argue in a decent manner, not resort to cursing and swearing.
Overall, if you don't like it, leave. No-one will stop you.

Piglet
09-27-05, 12:18 pm
This thread was going fine until we had an influx of new members who started all the name calling. This forum is not full of morons - it probably has the most knowledgable members. How can everyone judge this forum on ONE thread? What about all the help and advice we give. Have you just erased that out of your memory? Probably havn't even bothered to look around and see the good points.

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 12:18 pm
I'm EDITED and have a heck of a lot of guineas yes! we buy big bales of hay for £3.60 thats lasts weeks and a huge bale of big shavings for £5.95
We bag big 20kg and 15 kg bags of food and mix them together £15
treats aswell
They get tubes boxes thoses ball type toys.
Yes they get the best care I can give them. If they didn't I wouldn't be allowed them.
Yes I breed them. I show them to as pets.
I don't breed that many now.
Piglet I don't mide if you do or don't shut up as you are simply airing you'r views and I happy with that.

Piglet
09-27-05, 12:21 pm
Oh gees, you show them too? This couldn't get worse....

What about the vegetables? They NEED 1 cup of fresh vegetables daily. Pellets are a SUPPLEMENT, not a staple.

What kind of treats are you talking about? If they are the ones from the pet store, bin them. They are a waste of your money and they do more harm than good.

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 12:22 pm
Well my frien bulit a cc and her pig broke its leg!

Creepy people do not come in my garden and kill my pigs!

My hutches are very big as my dad built them!

We are not backyard breeders!

We were not hurling insults at you , you were saying emmas hutches are nasty ect ect- so i call that you hurling insults at us and saying we are nasy breedes ect!

BOTTOM LINE : we HATE your stupid cc they are horrible !!! YUK!

Piglet
09-27-05, 12:24 pm
So why on earth are you still here. You are posting on a website that is dedicated to C&C cages. Poor thing, havn't realised that yet?

We hate C&C cages?

Wow, you have powers to speak on everyone's behalf?

daftscotslass
09-27-05, 12:25 pm
Well my frien bulit a cc and her pig broke its leg!

How cute that you make up diatribe like that to back up your point. If it is true, your friend obviously didn't make it according to instructions, or else she owns flying pigs.

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 12:27 pm
What about the vegetables? They NEED 1 cup of fresh vegetables daily. Pellets are a SUPPLEMENT, not a staple.
They all get 4 big pieces of fresh food each day at tea time and always have dry food in with them.
the fresh food consists of lots of different food;
tomatoes carrots celelry cabbage cucumber parsnips grass corn lettuce kale to name but a few. Our garden has lots of tomatoe and corn plants growing purly for the guineas.
They have hay in with them 24/7
I do show but haven't been to one for donkeys but I think we'll leave that for another thread?

Piglet
09-27-05, 12:28 pm
What a bunch of balony - how high were her coroplast sides? Let me get this straight - you'r telling me her pigs jumped 7 inches into mid air, stuck it's leg out and got it caught in the grid. Sure...

ilovpiggiesthei
How cute that you make up diatribe like that to back up your point. If it is true, your friend obviously didn't make it according to instructions, or else she owns flying pigs.

What ever belive what you like!
piglet- yes i am saying WE as this is what half my friends belive too!

Sawda
I don't hate you.. you are knowledge about people but i disagree with the rudness and veiws to breeders

Piglet
09-27-05, 12:29 pm
Well yes - let's leave showing for now. Tell you what, I started a thread called "showing animals" in the kitchen. Go and read that.

Piglet
09-27-05, 12:30 pm
I give up for now - I'll give you guys time to mull over what our members have said. Hopefully, it should sink in. I need to do some biology homework :(

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 12:31 pm
Nope i do not wish to post here any more!

Ok we all love and care for our pigs but we have differnt veiws on things!

Cavie Cove
Everyone on this site is entitled to their own opinions and I thinks its okay to air them this was but I don't agree with some of the lanuage being used

Sabriel
Then your friend must not have built it properlly. But as you can't spell I doubt you and you ilk can follow instructions.

Creepy people come in the people gardens in the UK according to Cavie Cove. Keep up with the conversation.

Are your hutches 28" X 42" for 1-2 pigs? If not then they are too small. Sorry, try again!

You breed and you are not a buisiness or corporation. You are a backyard breeder.

BOTTOM LINE : we HATE your stupid cc they are horrible !!! YUK!

That is an insult. Why are you here again?

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 12:34 pm
I know i said i was not going to post but...
Just because i am not as bright a others does not meen you can pick on me

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 12:34 pm
Our hutches are at least 28x24 for 1 guinea and 3 foot for 2. But like I said you all have you'r opinion on the sizes but like I said the RSPCA liked what they saw so thats good.
And yes people do go around killing beheading stealing pets out of peoples gardens it s true and very sickening

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 12:37 pm
No one comes into my garden?!

daftscotslass
09-27-05, 12:38 pm
All the more reason not to keep guinea pigs outside. But then that's a whole other debate too.

CavyKind
09-27-05, 12:40 pm
Cavycove, can I ask which RSPCA branch you and your mum work with?
Surely that isn't a secret too?

Cavie Cove
http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=158578&command=displayContent&sourceNode=158308&contentPK=13220942
just a case.
But not everyone can keep them in houses mine have hay and if they were indoors it wouldn't be fair on my brother who has hayfever.
But like you say a whole different matter.
This thread was all about the sizes of the hutches and I came on to show you mine and to tell you that our RSPCQ has sail it is fine.
I have looked through this site and fourms and it is a good site

C&K
I am glad to hear that it sounds at least like you have a reasonable vet and do use his services...

However, I am speaking as a parent here also, your parents must have more $$ then myself, however, just the same.

On the link I posted, there is a case in which one pig with a prolapsed uterus running up a $958.00 bill. That is what, about 550 pounds? If this happens a couple of times, and I have seen on some boards that some breeders to become that unlucky, and you will be looking at astronomical vet bills. Lets just say you run a string of bad luck, and so far it sounds like you have been basically lucky, so it could happen, and you get 3 or 4 sows go sour on you in a matter of a month, and I have a feeling your parents are not going to just take it in stride.

You are a child, and by the sounds of it, you DON'T cover even near all of your pigs expenses... However if your parents are more then happy to, I suppose that is their decision, all you can hope is that they continue to.

At the end of the day though, I still feel sorry for your poor sows who take a 20-25 % gamble with there lives everytime you need a little excitement in your life. *sigh*. And I still think it is unfair.

And I will stick to this like glue, I have a reputation for being nit picky after all:D , you do box up your litters and move on, you heatedly defended dumping off your personal contribution to the pet overpopulation at a petstore. And from those pigs, some of them, knowingly or unknowingly on your part, may become snake food.

yes we are aware of the risks etc. If a sows in distress she goes to the vets oviously!
I would never box up the guineas and get rid of them!! They are basicly the only thing that keeps me going.

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 12:41 pm
Cavycove, can I ask which RSPCA branch you and your mum work with?

Staffordshire

C&K
09-27-05, 12:47 pm
This is an excellent site. I am glad that you are putting it to use :D

Perhaps if you did not have 40+ pigs they could be indoors with a better bedding then hay. People here use fleece, wood pellets, wood shavings, carefresh and other materials including recycled paper litters like yesterdays news.

http://www.guinealynx.info

Is another fantastic site.

I'll also stand by the fact that the local branch you work with for animal welfare may feel that your cages are fine enough to keep them safe and fed in until they are adopted. Often space is compromised in these situations as it is seen as a sort term problem that allows for more animals to be rescued.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=158578&command=displayContent&sourceNode=158308&contentPK=13220942
just a case.
But not everyone can keep them in houses mine have hay and if they were indoors it wouldn't be fair on my brother who has hayfever.
But like you say a whole different matter.
This thread was all about the sizes of the hutches and I came on to show you mine and to tell you that our RSPCQ has sail it is fine.
I have looked through this site and fourms and it is a good site

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 12:48 pm
At the end of the day you lot don't like breeders fair enough I can understand that.
And i think some people who have posed on this Thread have been out of line totally.
My parents are happy with what I do and if they wern't I would stop same with the RSPCA.
I'm not going to post on this thread any more as its going off topic a bit and I will leave this site if you want me to.

daftscotslass
09-27-05, 12:52 pm
At the end of the day you lot don't like breeders fair enough I can understand that.
And i think some people who have posed on this Thread have been out of line totally.
My parents are happy with what I do and if they wern't I would stop same with the RSPCA.
I'm not going to post on this thread any more as its going off topic a bit and I will leave this site if you want me to.

I don't think you should leave. You've done a very good job of backing up your opinion without resorting to cursing and swearing, unlike some. We may not agree with the way you do things, but if you stick around you might learn something and, you never know, we might too.

CavyKind
09-27-05, 12:53 pm
Staffordshire

Thank you.

You know in fairness to cavycove, they have at least answered to the best of their ability most, if not all of the questions we have asked.

In the UK, there seems to be a craze for breeders to seek a little credibility by doing a bit of "rescue" on the side.
Many of these are adult breeders, happy to sell their surplus animals to petshops, at shows and in the free ad papers. But *nice* enough to take in poor unwanted and abandoned guinea pigs as well. Bless them :yuck:

Hopefully when you are older caviecove, you will reconsider the breeding aspect and devote your time to the rescue side.
As I've said before, people who try and do both are thought very little, if anything, of in genuine rescue circles. Or by people who care passionately about animal welfare.

Barbara

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 12:53 pm
Even when I had 2 they had to be outside. We have used fleece, carefresh type of bedding recycled paper litters and newspaper but nothing works better than hay and wood shavings in our opinion.
Also if they were indoors the cat would be a problem lol!
But I understand what you are all getting at and don't mide at all.

I'll also stand by the fact that the local branch you work with for animal welfare may feel that your cages are fine enough to keep them safe and fed in until they are adopted. Often space is compromised in these situations as it is seen as a sort term problem that allows for more animals to be rescued.

I tottaly understand this to.
I *hope* that I have come across as not rude or anything just the ovious

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 12:55 pm
I am cutting down the breeding siide to concontrate on rescues. And one day naybe it will just be rescues that I take in.
Can I just say thankyou to you all for not jumping down my throat or anything like that.
You all sound like a great bunch of people

Sabriel
09-27-05, 01:02 pm
I use fleece as I can't stand the mess or smell of pine. Spinel is getting a bath today. One of the reasons is that he smells like pine and the animal shelter and I just can't stand it when I snuggle with him. But hes also grimy and has dry brittle fur. I think he'll be happier after his bath.

C&K
09-27-05, 01:03 pm
You have done an excellent job with trying to explain your situation. I think we can all really appreciate how well you have done in the "hot seat" so to speak. Most older adults crack and start to act very inappropreately in these sort of situations. You have conducted yourself very well.

I don't think you should leave at all. However I suggest you go through the rules on what is and is not ok to post on other threads as it is strictly adheard to.

However I do hope that you can perhaps explore the idea that perhaps the breeding and conditions you offer may not be what you thought they where. Do a lot of research into this and I am sure you won't be sorry. Talk to other rescues, and NOT those that do breeding on the side, take the guinealynx site under a microscope, and in the end, you are free to make up your own mind. Just really really think about what is said and what you have been doing, and at the end of the day, these are your decisions to make. We have some people on this site that where converted, they too used to breed and show and don't anymore, simply because from what they learned, they now know better. (In their and our opinion of course).

If you need a break, feel free to walk away from the computer, go take care of your pigs. You are not obligated to finnish this thread, which seems to have become one that is never going to have an end anyway. Unless you "think like us" this thread is not going to end the way it is going anyway, and of course, your opinions are free to be those of your own.

Even when I had 2 they had to be outside. We have used fleece, carefresh type of bedding recycled paper litters and newspaper but nothing works better than hay and wood shavings in our opinion.
Also if they were indoors the cat would be a problem lol!
But I understand what you are all getting at and don't mide at all.

I tottaly understand this to.
I *hope* that I have come across as not rude or anything just the ovious

Myspoiltpiggies
09-27-05, 01:07 pm
If you do not agree with that then fine but every animal has to breed because
1. we need food
2. they could become exincted
and we are breeding for our own selfs we do not ship them off nation wide and feed them to snakes ect!We love our pigs and all other pets!

1. Does that mean you breed for food?? I don't think so... so that's not an excuse. Anyway, a lot of people on this forum are vegetarians, so would disagree that we NEED meat.

2. It would take YEARS AND YEARS for them to become extinct. We wouldn't be able to stop EVERYONE from breeding anyway. But one person makes a difference.

And about the snakes... you can never be CERTAIN about who buys your guinea pigs. - you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover... you don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 01:08 pm
If you need a break, feel free to walk away from the computer, go take care of your pigs. :weepy: I can't!! I have caught ringworm off them and my mum won't let me!:weepy:
Its been the hardest month of my life!!:weepy:

Sabriel
09-27-05, 01:14 pm
You really should rethink the wooden cages due to the ring worm. Even if you try to disinfect, wood is very hard to completly clean, That's why food processing plants and hospitals cannot have wood. I would know, I worked in a QA dept. I know why certain materials are a big no no.

Can you line your hutches with plastic? Or even linoleum tiles? You know, the peel and stick type.

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 01:17 pm
The vets have said that using Imaverol will work very well.
We have had plastic lining in the past but they all seemed to be sliding all over the place for some reason?
The linoleum tiles seem a good idea*starts thinking now*
so many plans have just popped up in my head now!lol

Myspoiltpiggies
09-27-05, 01:18 pm
I understand it will be hard to change houses for you as you have so many guinea pigs. Maybe just make a few to start with.

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 01:20 pm
some are in plastic based cages already.
But i think it'll be easer to line them with something.
anyway Thanks for the advice

Sabriel
09-27-05, 01:25 pm
I sure you can try to disinfect the wood, but wood is very hard to clean. It was all in my QA manuals why they can't use wood, but as I no longer work there I don't have access to them. Sorry. I wish I could give you the exact reasons, but there was a lot of info I have have crammed into my head from working there.

The lino tiles are a cheap easy way to solve your cleaning problem. And if they are sliding, put in some more bedding. I find the more bedding you use, the less they slide. One more reason I switched over to fleece/flannel.

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 01:27 pm
Right e ho! thanks for that I think i ened up putting about 3 inces of bedding but they just kept pocorning and kicking it to one side lol!

C&K
09-27-05, 01:34 pm
:weepy: I can't!! I have caught ringworm off them and my mum won't let me!:weepy:
Its been the hardest month of my life!!:weepy:

Who is taking care of your pigs then??

Cavie Cove
09-27-05, 01:38 pm
my mum! I hate it! my ringworm looks to be clearing up then it breaks out again then it keeps doing that so because NONE of the creams have worked we're going back to the doctors to get some pills so hopefully they will work!

Slap Maxwell
09-27-05, 01:51 pm
What are you going to do when you get a car and have to start paying for gas? Gas is expensive in the UK. If you get a job, you won't have time for the pigs. What happens when you go away to college? Where do they go?

JiggityJig
09-27-05, 01:53 pm
THIS is the key:

As for the RSPCA being "happy", it does not mean they are up on newer standards, or it may be that they are satisfied that the pigs are clean, fed and watered, most rescues sacrifice space not because it isn't important, just that they need to squeeze in a few extra animals. No one would argue that keeping a dog in a standard rescue kennel for years would be a good thing, however for the short term, it is better to save 10 dogs in cramped quarters then 1 dog in luxury.

Just because you have been "approved" as a site that will care for the pigs adequately does NOT mean you are providing them quality of life. EXISTING is vastly different from thriving.

Cavie Cove, I'm really not trying to be mean to you, as of all of "Emma's friends" that have visited here, you seem the most mature and open to discussion. But your cages, while sturdy, insulated, etc., looked very dark and depressing to me.

For just a moment, with an open mind, imagine things from our point of view. Think about the hordes of piggies you are keeping out in a shed, in dark, enclosed hutches that are like perpetual caves.

Now, imagine downgrading to 5-10 piggies, and being able to keep them inside, in bright, ventilated, open cages, where they can truly be part of the family, and get attention and love from everyone.

I do believe that you love your pigs. But the above is the difference between STOCK and PETS. Please do consider it!

Also, let's say that you're not going to leave home until you're 20! That's being generous. If you stop breeding NOW, TODAY, MAYBE by the time you leave home your herd will be down to a managable size that you can take with you, or mom will be capable of caring for for you.

So, you've enjoyed breeding and showing, and maybe it's been a meaningful part of your childhood. Now it's time to grow up and start thinking about a future, not so far away, that will hopefully include, college, a job, a family.....

If not for the sake of the pigs NOW, then with an eye to what will be best for them as part of your FUTURE, please do consider stopping breeding at this point! Also, let's face it, maybe you like spending lots of time outside now, but you're getting older. Not many 16-17 year olds want to spend all their freetime cooped up alone in a stuffy shed, and it wouldn't be healthy for them to do so.

Maybe as your herd naturally downsized you'd be able to move them inside, and enjoy some really quality last years with them at the end of your childhood, as you grow into adulthood. They could be right by you as you did homework on the computer, and talked on the phone, and sat around chatting with friends, and the other things teens do around the house. And maybe ultimately you'd find that this gave you just as many, if not more, rewarding memories as showing did.

I hope you find these scenarios reasonable, and will consider them!

Sabriel
09-27-05, 02:01 pm
I hate to burst your bubble Slap but gas is expensive everywhere :p

Slap Maxwell
09-27-05, 02:03 pm
I enjoy having my five pigs right near my bed. They are constantly with me when I chat with friends on the computer or on the phone. There is nothing better than being able to give each of them at least 15 minutes EVERY NIGHT of one-on-one time with me. They sleep in a cuddle cup on my computer desktop, run around on my floor and under my bed, and enjoy their 84" x 27" three-level C&C cage beyond imagination. They are lucky pigs. But, unfortunetily this wouldn't be possible if I had more than about 7 or 8 of them. Lina will eventually get to me, but then that is my limit. I have the resources, and funds. But it is about the pigs and their comfort, not about my desire to have dozens and breed them.

Yes, gas is expensive everywhere, but I have noticed the UK has higher prices than Canada and the US.

Sabriel
09-27-05, 02:07 pm
I wouldn't leave Lina on your desk in a cuddle cup. She is too curious and will get into trouble if you are not watching her every moment. I left her on my chair for 2 minutes today to get some tea and she almost fell of my computer chair. She thought my sweater would keep her form falling down. She is too curious for her own good :p

I hate quarantine. I carry my pigs all over the apartment with me. They live in the living room, but I always pick them up and take them with me in the bedroom and kitchen. I let them pick veggies out of the fridge when they have been good during medicine time or nail clipping.

If gas gets anymore expenisve here it'll be the same as the UK. There have been reports of gas hitting $1.99 a liter!

Lyndsay
09-27-05, 02:22 pm
I get an amasing laugh out of who ever said Cavy Cages were dangerous?! I have to say thats almost as bad as saying that you've seen pigs legs be broken by the grids... Wait, I have something to show you.. This might seen cruel by some, but I had to prove a point here.. and no my pig way not harmed in the process of this exparament...
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Lynd_zee/DSC01554.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Lynd_zee/DSC01555.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Lynd_zee/DSC01556.jpg

Cavy cages are the best thing since sliced bread. Let's get serious here, there are people that can't get materials to make these cages specifically, but they are truly dedicated to giving their pigs the space needed for their own health.
If you can't accept that then, maybe you need to at least put up with the fatc this site is dedicated to alot of things, and it's very important to alot of people. We are far from ignorant, we are caring, and I'm sure that every person that has built a proper size cage, has just done it for their own benafit. Get a grip. Time to grow up.

Slap Maxwell
09-27-05, 02:25 pm
They are always sitting in front of me, I never leave them unattended. The computer room is upstairs with everything else being downstairs anyway, so I would be gone for at least five minutes for anything, way too long to leave a pig unattended.

Myspoiltpiggies
09-27-05, 02:28 pm
lol Lyndsay, the last picture made me laugh... look at his bum poking through!

Lyndsay
09-27-05, 02:28 pm
Smudgee is the perfect computer pet, hehe, he usually sits in my lap, or behind my back, keeping it warm. My favorite place for him is in the front pocket of my hoodies, he loves to snuggle in there and chill out with me. Pigs are just such awsome pets, I couldn't not have Smudgee living in my room with me... I would get so sad not hearing him chatter at my dad every morning when he wakes me up for school.

salana
09-27-05, 02:30 pm
Portia is helping me with reading for my seminar. The only thing is, Portia's pretty stupid, so her idea of helping is shedding all over me and staring at the wall.

Oh wait! I just got a whiff of poopy breath! YUM! :crazy:

Lyndsay
09-27-05, 02:32 pm
Yup poor guy, it wasn't very nice of me, but someone had said that they seen pigs legs broke in them.

Myspoiltpiggies
09-27-05, 02:35 pm
:confused: how would they break their legs in them? C&C cages are lines with Coroplast... they don't have wire bottoms...

Lyndsay
09-27-05, 02:44 pm
YOU BLOODY LOT DO....YOU ARE HYPOCRITES.....RUDE....ARROGANT.....AND AS FOR C&C CAGES I WOULDNT TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGE POLE....THEY ARE NOTHING BUT DANGEROUS WITH THEIR OPEN WIRE SIDES AND I HAVE SEEN MANY PIGS HOUSED IN THEM THAT HAVE SUFFERED BROKEN LEGS WHERE THEY HAVE GOT CAUGHT MOVING AROUND. GIVE ME A WOODEN STURDY BUILT HUTCH ANYDAY OVER THAT COMPLETE :censored:!!!!!!

Gracie? I believe is her name, and she is very much against these cages, I ment to reply last night, but I didn't have the time, and I already went through the trouble of giving the boys a hair cut, I thought that was stressful enough...
Coroplast at 6 inches high aparently pigs get their legs caught over them, and they break thier legs. Look at pages 9-12 of this post, I donno, I just got really upset at her saying we love ourselves too much and thats why we build these cages...

Sabriel
09-27-05, 02:46 pm
Most of the time the pigs just chill on the chair. They usually don't move. But she found my knit sweater very interesting and wanted to investigate. I wasn't even gone 2 minutes. I walked into the kitchen (right off the living room) turned on the stove and came back. The kettle already had plenty of water in it (I'm lazy. I fill it up all the way once and just keep boiling the same water. It lasts me a good 6 cups of tea and quite a few bowls of oatmeal). She is very curious. I wouldn't be suprised if you turned you back for one minute and looked back only to fine her across the desk.

Myspoiltpiggies
09-27-05, 02:51 pm
Riiight. I don't get how we love ourselves just because we make these fantastic cages and spend £££ or $$$ on our guinea pigs. How does that make us love ourselves? Surely it means we love our guinea pigs??? I don't spend money on my pets because I love myself - it just doesn't make sense.

Slap Maxwell
09-27-05, 02:52 pm
Cali and I are enjoying a a nice chat and a cup of tomato soup this afternoon.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/maia_and_cali/8231b113.jpg

Ly&Pigs
09-27-05, 02:53 pm
1) I am getting tired of editing posts because members won't follow the posting rules. I have edited many because of foul language but now I have to go back and edit ages. Ages are not allowed to be posted if you are UNDER THE AGE OF 18.

2) I have been called names although I have called NO ONE any names. I have moderated this thread to the best of my ability. I don't believe it needs to be shut down because (for the third time), THIS IS THE KITCHEN WHERE HEATED DISCUSSIONS ARE ALLOWED. IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT, GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!!!!! Plain and simple, if you don't like it here, leave.

3) This site is VERY ANTI-BREEDING. Don't you get it??? The rescuers spend so much time, effort and money cleaning up breeders messes. You cannot be a breeder and a rescuer. It is either one or the other.

Myspoiltpiggies
09-27-05, 02:53 pm
That is such a sweet guinea pig you got there!!

Myspoiltpiggies
09-27-05, 02:54 pm
Ages are not allowed to be posted if you are UNDER THE AGE OF 18.
Oops I forgot that one:sorry:

Sabriel
09-27-05, 02:55 pm
Oh, I forgot the age thing. I am sorry Ly. I would go back and edit my posts where I refer to her age if it wasn't for the 10 minute thing.

Gracie
09-27-05, 02:55 pm
Take a look at his eyes.........He is terrified.......and you say you are kind.

Gracie
09-27-05, 02:57 pm
Take a look at his eyes.........He is terrified.......and you say you are kind. oops miss a bit. will redo this post.:D

guineapigqueen
09-27-05, 02:59 pm
As said around 6 pages ago, I AGREE TO DISAGREE!
Can someone do the decent thing and close this???
Unless you like arguing? and are so happy that you have nearly 400 posts, I am 21 years old and this is brings me back to name calling at school.
I am a breeder and yes I admit it, I dont care what you think.

and look at this photo...
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/2005emma2005/pigs%20together/000_1252.jpg
my guineas do have freedom!

Gracie
09-27-05, 02:59 pm
Cali and I are enjoying a a nice chat and a cup of tomato soup this afternoon.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/maia_and_cali/8231b113.jpg
Lets try again shall we.....laugh....Take a look at his eyes....he is terrified...poor thing...

See I am so mad I made a mistake before:mad: :mad:

Sabriel
09-27-05, 03:00 pm
Who's pigs is terrified? Slap Maxwell's? What on earth would she be scared of? She probably was just looking at where the camera noise came from.

Lyndsay
09-27-05, 03:01 pm
Ly are you directing that to me?

Yes, Slap nice piggy, here are some of Smudgee at the computer:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Lynd_zee/DSC01562.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Lynd_zee/Smudgeeperfectcomputerpet.jpg

One time in another post I accidently put my age too, I think *going back to check* to see if I took my age off the site, so that people can't see it.

I can only believe how 'nice' moderatorating this post has been.

Gracie
09-27-05, 03:04 pm
Who's pigs is terrified? Slap Maxwell's? What on earth would she be scared of? She probably was just looking at where the camera noise came from.
Yeah right, like I believe that. That poor guinea pig is terrified, its been sat in what looks like a cat bed, which also looks as if it could do with a good wash.

Its not a normal enviroment for him/her and is scared.

And I know what a scared pig looks like, ive seen plenty of them after they have been mistreated.

As for the one placed on the wire section.....well thats just stupidity and childish.

I believe the original person who was attacked in this post has requested that one of you moderators close it. If of course you enjoy clawing people apart then please do, but just do it to yourselves and not to people who are GENUINE guinea pig owners.

Ly&Pigs
09-27-05, 03:05 pm
I am editing threads.

Did I not make myself clear a minute ago in my post? I will NOT shut it down. It is up to Cavy Spirit to shut it down or not and so far she hasn't.

The age thing is directed at anyone and everyone under the age of 18 that has posted their age in a thread or quoted someone else's age under 18.

Sabriel
09-27-05, 03:05 pm
My pigs can type:

http://sorceressandswordsman.com/tomoyo_mac.JPG

http://sorceressandswordsman.com/sakura_pc.JPG

However they cannot agree on a platform or OS for the life of them.

Edit: Slap's pigs are perfecty fine. If I thought for a second she was abusing them then I would not be fostering Lina for her. And that is a cuddle cup. A bed for small animals. They sell them in America. And even if it was a cat bed, who cares? My pigs love to popcorn all over my human bed and my cats love my pigs super pet chair.

You tell me how a desk in unnatural but a hutch is.

Biccy
09-27-05, 03:06 pm
Lets try again shall we.....laugh....Take a look at his eyes....he is terrified...poor thing...

See I am so mad I made a mistake before:mad: :mad:

I agree he doesn't seem to happy in that picture

Slap Maxwell
09-27-05, 03:07 pm
She was looking at the camera. Here is another one taken right now. You are hilarious trying to pretend my pig is terrified. Try a little harder, look at your own pigs.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/maia_and_cali/101_0232.jpg

Lyndsay
09-27-05, 03:08 pm
Sorry just trying to show that there isn't any way a full grown pig, could break their legs on the cubes. With a 6 inch lip on the coroplast as well, they can't jump that high to get caught. Childish... meh, stupid maybe, at least I know, and so do the others that your story can't be right.. Unless they were thrown onto the cubes, their legs can't break from being caught in them, because they can't move around to be broken....:cool:

Sabriel
09-27-05, 03:09 pm
Awww. She looks so comfy. Next thing you know they are going to tell me my avatar pigs is crying bloody murder.

Gracie
My pigs can type:

http://sorceressandswordsman.com/tomoyo_mac.JPG

http://sorceressandswordsman.com/sakura_pc.JPG

However they cannot agree on a platform or OS for the life of them.

Edit: Slap's pigs are perfecty fine. If I thought for a second she was abusing them then I would not be fostering Lina for her. And that is a cuddle cup. A bed for small animals. They sell them in America. And even if it was a cat bed, who cares? My pigs love to popcorn all over my human bed and my cats love my pigs super pet chair.

You tell me how a desk in unnatural but a hutch is.
OMG if this was being done with a child it would be classed and Child Exploitation....This is really sick.

Guinea pigs are not meant to be sat in front of a computer or on a desk, especially with what looks like a hot drink besides them...Totally sick.

The mentality on here is childish.

guineapigqueen
I am editing threads.

Did I not make myself clear a minute ago in my post? I will NOT shut it down. It is up to Cavy Spirit to shut it down or not and so far she hasn't.

I havent been reading these posts because the same stuff is repeated over and over!
Well why dont you ask Cavy Spirit nicely to close it???
Aww you are a moderator and you cant close a post. Aww I feel sorry for you.
By the way I did have a previous user called GuineaPigQueen but I was far to forward about my showing and someone banned me.

Slap Maxwell
09-27-05, 03:10 pm
Its so funny how they try to justify that their wooden hutches are safe compared to C&C cages, even making up stories. Please give me some real evidence beyond your own imagination.

Oh yes, I mistreat my pigs! Ooh, they live in a 2.5" x 7.5" cage while yours live in a 2 square foot hutch! Oh, woe is me!

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 03:10 pm
Slap-the pigs bed is full of poo!

Ly&Pigs
09-27-05, 03:11 pm
If everyone wants this argument to stop, the solution is very simple.

STOP POSTING!

Sabriel
09-27-05, 03:12 pm
Wow, my desk is so unnatural compared to your wooden hutches! How do they build these wooden hutches in the wild? With little hammers and tiny levels?

It's called laptime people. Some of us combine laptime and computer time. What a concept!

guineapigqueen
09-27-05, 03:13 pm
Its so funny how they try to justify that their wooden hutches are safe compared to C&C cages, even making up stories. Please give me some real evidence beyond your own imagination.l

Come to the UK most people use wooden hutches and keep them outside.
Mine have been treated, are you going to go down my throat now because its been treated? Well I wouldnt bother because its PET safe.

Gracie
Its so funny how they try to justify that their wooden hutches are safe compared to C&C cages, even making up stories. Please give me some real evidence beyond your own imagination.l
And what stories are those?.......Please do tell..

Gracie waits in anticipation.:yawn:

Biccy
I havent been reading these posts because the same stuff is repeated over and over!
Well why dont you ask Cavy Spirit nicely to close it???
By the way I did have a previous user called GuineaPigQueen but I was far to forward about my showing and someone banned me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ly&Pigs
I am editing threads.

So if you can't close it what can a "SuperModerator!" do?

Slap Maxwell
Slap-the pigs bed is full of poo!

It's funny, maybe your pigs don't poo as much because they don't get fed the correct amount of veggies? She has been laying here for about 15 minutes and they are all from that time.

Sabriel
09-27-05, 03:14 pm
Here's one: The tall tale that placing your cavy on a desk (which mine sniffed at and make thier happy little exploring noises) equals abuse.

Edit: On some boards only admins can close threads.

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 03:14 pm
I held my pig when i was eating my tea onse !
But n i did not spill ant thing on him

guineapigqueen
09-27-05, 03:15 pm
Wow, my desk is so unnatural compared to your wooden hutches! How do they build these wooden hutches in the wild? With little hammers and tiny levels?

It's called laptime people. Some of us combine laptime and computer time. What a concept!

Like you see guineas in the wild making C&C cages everywhere???
At least wood is natural, unlike PLASTIC!

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 03:15 pm
Yup mine get loads of veg just when mine poo indoors i clear it up right away

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 03:17 pm
And wood is more natural and plastic can be toxic ! And some plastic is harmful to thee enviroment!

Gracie
09-27-05, 03:18 pm
Here's one: The tall tale that placing your cavy on a desk (which mine sniffed at and make thier happy little exploring noises) equals abuse.

Edit: On some boards only admins can close threads.
I didnt call it abuse I called it exploitation...the two things are different.

Slap Maxwell
09-27-05, 03:18 pm
Do yours really know what the inside of a house looks/feels like? because the sheds you seem to use look cold and depressing.

Ly&Pigs
09-27-05, 03:19 pm
I can close a post, why don't you feel sorry for someone else and not for me. You just got yourself banned again by your own self admission. We don't allow banned people to rejoin under new names. How many of your so called "friends" would like to be banned with you?

guineapigqueen
It's funny, maybe your pigs don't poo as much because they don't get fed the correct amount of veggies? She has been laying here for about 15 minutes and they are all from that time.

Also I can see Cavies in the wild getting their scales out and measuring their food.
I have visions of them First Guinea'OH, thats a bit too much, I'd better watch the calories', Second Guinea 'Yes them calories really get on the hips and we cant do that because it might be consider cruel, by some humans'.

Lyndsay
I wish my pig wasn't in quarenteen just so I can have a picture of both of them together playing on the keyboard... where do children come into this, excuse my childlike mentality, I must not be able to comprehend that one.

Slap, thats adorable! I want to get one so my piggies, can chill with me more often.

Gracie
09-27-05, 03:20 pm
Actually mine get loads of greens and fresh vegetables and fruit. Infact I spend about £30 a week on fresh food. I think thats about $50 depending on what your exchange rate is of course.

Sabriel
09-27-05, 03:20 pm
Yes, but my desk is made out of wood too. They do not live on my desk either. They live on fleece which is made out of cotton which is "gasp" grown in the wild.

You use metel for your hutches. Do they see chicken wire in the wild too?

guineapigqueen
09-27-05, 03:21 pm
Do yours really know what the inside of a house looks/feels like? because the sheds you seem to use look cold and depressing.

Yes my guineas do know what a house look like thanks alot!
Their shed is very cosy and it even has a heater for the winter.
NOW do I care about my guineas? I think so.

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 03:21 pm
I have a cuddle cup,
mine love it.

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 03:23 pm
Mine come in the house every day

Slap Maxwell
09-27-05, 03:23 pm
Also I can see Cavies in the wild getting their scales out and measuring their food.
I have visions of them First Guinea'OH, thats a bit too much, I'd better watch the calories', Second Guinea 'Yes them calories really get on the hips and we cant do that because it might be consider cruel, by some humans'.

Thats kind of funny. I don't use a scale. I know by eye what a cup looks like. Do you?

You must need to learn a lot, because yes, you do need to watch the Ca/Phos ratio when you feed your pigs. Ever heard of it? I have lots of print outs I requested from Oxbow Hay Co. which they sent to me. Would be happy to send some copys out for you, since it looks like you may need them.

Ever heard of a pellet free diet? I am considering that. But *gasp* breeders use pellets as a staple!

guineapigqueen
09-27-05, 03:24 pm
Yes, but my desk is made out of wood too. They do not live on my desk either. They live on fleece which is made out of cotton which is "gasp" grown in the wild.

You use metel for your hutches. Do they see chicken wire in the wild too?

Well they arent sleeping on the wire are they? unless you need photographic proof?
My guineas sleep on wood shavings, theirs that wood word again and hay. All natural. My uncle works with wood for a living so I know that the shavings arent treated, and my other uncle has a farm, its organic!

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 03:24 pm
I feed my pigs as much as they eat.
To me they need more than a cup full and loads of grass and veg too.

crapncardboard
09-27-05, 03:25 pm
Yeah I bet guinea pigs see a lot of fleece in the wild and leap on the laps of passing humans for some laptime,you people are seriously deluded. while your across the room happy snapping the pigs could fall off the desk.

Biccy
09-27-05, 03:25 pm
I am a new visitor to this forum, and I really have to say that some of the threads in this forum are not very welcoming to new members, a lot of you seem to come across as very rude people, who will not live and let live.

I think you should learn from your guinea pigs and get on with everyone in a big herd.

oh and by the way if you want to ban me go right ahead

Sabriel
09-27-05, 03:26 pm
So it's solid wood with no windows? I'm sure there is at least one unnatural component of your cage. Did you use nails, glue, wire for the window? A water bottle? If so they are seeing *gasp* un-natural things.

But I see that you are banned so it really doesn't matter.

Slap Maxwell
09-27-05, 03:26 pm
I think I would rather risk my pig sleeping in a cuddle cup on a desk in front of me than being bred and bred again with a 20% chance she could die every time.

Sabriel
09-27-05, 03:28 pm
I know, eh Slap? We are so risky with our pigs in "un-natural enviroments", but in the end, who's pigs are healthier and happier? I think we all know the answer to that.

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 03:28 pm
To use wooden hutches are better.

Lyndsay
09-27-05, 03:29 pm
MMM Technology, see it's a great thing, I don't even have to leave my chair to take a picture, I set a timer on the digital, and it magically takes the picture for me, it's kinda nice. I will never worry about my pigs falling off my desk...

Gracie
Thats kind of funny. I don't use a scale. I know by eye what a cup looks like. Do you?

You must need to learn a lot, because yes, you do need to watch the Ca/Phos ratio when you feed your pigs. Ever heard of it? I have lots of print outs I requested from Oxbow Hay Co. which they sent to me. Would be happy to send some copys out for you, since it looks like you may need them.

Ever heard of a pellet free diet? I am considering that. But *gasp* breeders use pellets as a staple!
Measuring by the cup...dont make me laugh. You have to cut up the fruit and veg to do that. If I did that then my piggies wouldnt know what it feels like to rip the spring green leaves apart and they wouldnt be able to have a good chew on a nice chunky piece of carrot, beetroot, cucumber or celery(and yes I do remove the strings in the celery).

Measuring the vegetables and things isnt necessary if you give plenty of Organic hay and roughage.

Oh and majority of my vegetables and fruit are Organic too.

Sabriel
Have you ever used a C&C? How would you know. I have never seen a wooden hutch big enough for me. Besides wood harbors so many germs. Very unsanitary!

One of my boars will not eat his food unless I cut it. He prefers it that way. The others are too busy packing it in to notice how it is presented.

Lyndsay
09-27-05, 03:30 pm
Slap, I can feel the heat off that one from here... *Bursts out laughing*

Gracie
Measuring by the cup...dont make me laugh. You have to cut up the fruit and veg to do that. If I did that then my piggies wouldnt know what it feels like to rip the spring green leaves apart and they wouldnt be able to have a good chew on a nice chunky piece of carrot, beetroot, cucumber or celery(and yes I do remove the strings in the celery).

Measuring the vegetables and things isnt necessary if you give plenty of Organic hay and roughage.

Oh and majority of my vegetables and fruit are Organic too.
Oh and I almost forgot.....I wouldnt touch guinea pig pellets on their own if someone paid me too.

Slap Maxwell
Explain to me how wooden hutches are better? Because you have to scrub them to get ringworm out? Because they can smell and rot? Because they have little ventilation? Please tell me.

crapncardboard
no captive environment is natural. Placing a pig on a computer desk though is just plain irresponsible.

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 03:31 pm
Our pigs are not breeding mechines!
i have a cuddle cup too!
My pigs come inside and cuddle with me every day!

Biccy
09-27-05, 03:32 pm
I think I would rather risk my pig sleeping in a cuddle cup on a desk in front of me than being bred and bred again with a 20% chance she could die every time.
How do you know if the screen is bad for your piggies eyes?

aqh88
09-27-05, 03:32 pm
Keeping a guinea pig in a cage is not natural. It doesn't matter what it's made out of. Eating hay and lettuce is not natural no matter if the food is grown naturally. The natural home and diet of a guinea pig is the andes mountains and browsing daily on fresh and older slightly dried grasses as well as whatever bushes or other forage they find is edible. To keep guinea pigs in completely natural environments we would have to give them several acres to run on with plants native to the andes. Also a natural environment includes illnesses and predators for population control. You would be very irresponsible to keep your guinea pigs in a comlpetely natural environment. Coroplast is no more toxic than wood, is easier to clean, and generally provides a better environment than wood. The amount of wood stalls in a horse stable has lead to being unable to destroy serious illnesses. I've heard of plenty of people going out of business because something hit their farm and they couldn't get rid of it without rebuilding all the stalls which they can't afford. The same holds true for guinea pigs. Some illness cannot be completely eliminated from wood and wood, being a natural/organic compound, is prone to molds and bacteria that in nature would break down the wood. That poses many health risks to the animals and humans around it. In horse stalls we can varnish them and air it out but varnish is toxic so with guinea pigs in a small space and especially if they can chew on it coating wood is not an option. Arguing who keeps their guinea pig in the most natural environment is very pointless.

Sabriel
09-27-05, 03:33 pm
Becuase my pigs walked towards it voluntarily. They were on my lap and they decided to walk on the keyboard.

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 03:33 pm
My hutches do not have ring worm!
And i think fresh air is better than inside the house were things are sprayed ect.

Lyndsay
09-27-05, 03:35 pm
Have you ever used a C&C? How would you know. I have never seen a wooden hutch big enough for me. Besides wood harbors so many germs. Very unsanitary!

Sabriel, hehe I was able to fit *crunched up* in my rabbits old outdoor cage, before I got smart and moved her inside, before the winter came, I didn't feel I was being humane by leaving her out there. I'd take a picture, but the cage is out behind the house, and I'm too involved in this thread. My cavy's cage I can lay in, and thats only the bottom level. Ahh the beauty of space. thought I'd share :P lol

Slap Maxwell
How do you know if the screen is bad for your piggies eyes?

I know it is definetily better than a dark and dank shed.

Funny, though. You assume they sit and stare at the screen the entire time. They acctually have no interest in it. Their eyes are usually closed or turned away.

ilovpiggiesthei
And our pigs go out in a run when its not raing!

crapncardboard
All my pigs are kept inside, half of them in c and c cages. They are all handled daily. I spend forty quid a week on vegetables.
Strange though that if your pigs run free its floortime.If a breeders pigs run free its unsupervised and dangerous.
Also you say they are breeding machines, what do you actually know and what are you just making up as you go along???

Sabriel
You really have to work on your forum skills ilovpiggiesthei. Not everybody is talking to you and you alone.

Biccy
09-27-05, 03:36 pm
I see that GPPerson has been banned, is this how you keep all your members anti breeding, by banning anyone that dares to speak out. It certainly seems that way to me. It is a very narrow minded and sad view to me if that is what you are doing.

btw this forum is rubbish

Gracie
Keeping a guinea pig in a cage is not natural. It doesn't matter what it's made out of. Eating hay and lettuce is not natural no matter if the food is grown naturally. The natural home and diet of a guinea pig is the andes mountains and browsing daily on fresh and older slightly dried grasses as well as whatever bushes or other forage they find is edible. To keep guinea pigs in completely natural environments we would have to give them several acres to run on with plants native to the andes. Also a natural environment includes illnesses and predators for population control. You would be very irresponsible to keep your guinea pigs in a comlpetely natural environment. Coroplast is no more toxic than wood, is easier to clean, and generally provides a better environment than wood. The amount of wood stalls in a horse stable has lead to being unable to destroy serious illnesses. I've heard of plenty of people going out of business because something hit their farm and they couldn't get rid of it without rebuilding all the stalls which they can't afford. The same holds true for guinea pigs. Some illness cannot be completely eliminated from wood and wood, being a natural/organic compound, is prone to molds and bacteria that in nature would break down the wood. That poses many health risks to the animals and humans around it. In horse stalls we can varnish them and air it out but varnish is toxic so with guinea pigs in a small space and especially if they can chew on it coating wood is not an option. Arguing who keeps their guinea pig in the most natural environment is very pointless.

Hey someone with some common sense.....well done aqh88.

ilovpiggiesthei
my pigs hutches are huge!!

Piglet
09-27-05, 03:37 pm
You know what - this thread has brightened up my mood. It's frikin hilarious

1) How dare you call slap an irresponsible owner. Do you even know how much she does for the pigs?

2) You are fine with breeding, but not fine with putting a pig on a desk because it's "unnatural".

I really think you're just trying to get back at us. Just because we criticized your cages, you're criticizing everything we do. Just because you're keeping your pigs outside in a crappy old shed, you're no better than we are. People from the UK are dumb (except me and weasaldropping, lol) - why on earth would you want to shove a pig in a mouldy ol' hutch.

By the way, before you jam something down my throat, I'm from the UK too, but I keep mine in a C&C inside. And don't tell me I'm a bad owner because it is unnatural to do so (keep them inside that is). They also get around 8-12 hours outside in a pen.

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 03:38 pm
You really have to work on your forum skills ilovpiggiesthei. Not everybody is talking to you and you alone.
Yes that is because you are ignoring me!! So that is how rude this forum actully is proved my point!

Sabriel
09-27-05, 03:38 pm
So how that that prove your point Gracie? She just told you your hutches are unnatural too. Then again you must be grasping at straws by now, looking for any decent argument.

Slap Maxwell
09-27-05, 03:39 pm
All my pigs are kept inside, half of them in c and c cages. They are all handled daily. I spend forty quid a week on vegetables.
Strange though that if your pigs run free its floortime.If a breeders pigs run free its unsupervised and dangerous.
Also you say they are breeding machines, what do you actually know and what are you just making up as you go along???

Well, good for you! Glad you have appropriate housing for at least some of your pigs. When pigs run around outside without supervision its dangerous. Floortime is inside in a controlled environment, when our pigs go outside, its alway supervised, not saying yours isn't. Some members, like Piglet, are able to have a run outside because they say the environment is free of predators, and they make sure of that.

A good portion of members at GL and some members here have indoor free range habitats as well. Those are the ultimate in cavy housing.

Percy's Mom
09-27-05, 03:39 pm
OMG if this was being done with a child it would be classed and Child Exploitation....This is really sick.

Guinea pigs are not meant to be sat in front of a computer or on a desk, especially with what looks like a hot drink besides them...Totally sick.

The mentality on here is childish.
Sitting and playing with a child would be exploitation?
If the most convenient way to interact with your children (human or animal) is to take them to the office with you, then so be it. It let's the little ones know they are loved. Obviously, you wouldn't sit a human child on the desk in a cuddle cup, but would it have been better to let the guinea pig run around on the floor unsupervised where he could get hurt? He's being well taken care of and is obviously loved.

Sabriel
09-27-05, 03:40 pm
ilovethepiggiethei, there are currently 16 people on this thread right now. They are all posting fast. How are we all supposed to pay attanetion to everybody? I'm sure you have not hung off of every body's every word.

Piglet
09-27-05, 03:41 pm
Biccy - go away. LEAVE, if you find this forum so repulsive. If you had read the rules (which I'm sure you didn't) you would see this forum is anti-breeding Get it? We are AGAINST breeding.

Yeah, my pigs are outside a lot but like you said, there are absolutely no predators. Nada. Anywho, someone is always at home, so they usually take a peek outside every so often.

It's better to have the pigs on your desk, than not interacting with them at all.

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 03:43 pm
ilovethepiggiethei, there are currently 16 people on this thread right now. They are all posting fast. How are we all supposed to pay attanetion to everybody? I'm sure you have not hung off of every body's every word.
But then why just pick on me?!

Piglet
09-27-05, 03:44 pm
I think we should have a poll :) What is more irresponsible - breeding or putting a pig near a computer screen. Anyway, that's my input for the day. I'm going to bed x x x

Sabriel
09-27-05, 03:44 pm
We don't. You just happen to be making the same mistakes as many of the crowd that joined this thread to do nothing but heckle long time memebrs. It's not our fault you all happen to be doing the same things.

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 03:46 pm
i do not understand?!

Sabriel
09-27-05, 03:47 pm
You don't seem to be following very well. Maybe you should go back, start at page one and slowly read and take in the thread.

Biccy
09-27-05, 03:47 pm
From GPPerson

Well being banned is GREAT!
I dont have to put up with the crap I get from this forum.
I can still post through my friends and they probably get edited.
I was sticking up for myself on this post before I got banned maybe the Moderator cant take my humor, or they were scaried.
Maybe I might make up an new user, with different details. how are you going to know its me??

With Love Emma, GPPerson

Lyndsay
09-27-05, 03:48 pm
Of course the screen is harmful, my eye's have suffered, but then again how many pigs do you see staring at the screen reading people's posts? On adverage I spend at least 3 hours daily in front of a screen, Smudgee might be with me for half an hour a week... but he chooses to run around in a blanket on my lap..

So remember everyone make sure your cavy doesn't look too long at the screen. *Laughs uncontrollably*

I thought thats why guinea pigs were domesticated? So that they could become part of a family life, and be involved with our lives... Living in healthy, and clean conditions. I've said my part on that subject..;)

Slap Maxwell
09-27-05, 03:50 pm
From GPPerson

Well being banned is GREAT!
I dont have to put up with the crap I get from this forum.
I can still post through my friends and they probably get edited.
I was sticking up for myself on this post before I got banned maybe the Moderator cant take my humor, or they were scaried.
Maybe I might make up an new user, with different details. how are you going to know its me??

With Love Emma, GPPerson

Great way to represent breeders! This has to be the norm, correct? They do seem to enjoy trolling forums.

Gracie
09-27-05, 03:51 pm
You know what - this thread has brightened up my mood. It's frikin hilarious

1) How dare you call slap an irresponsible owner. Do you even know how much she does for the pigs?

2) You are fine with breeding, but not fine with putting a pig on a desk because it's "unnatural".

I really think you're just trying to get back at us. Just because we criticized your cages, you're criticizing everything we do. Just because you're keeping your pigs outside in a crappy old shed, you're no better than we are. People from the UK are dumb (except me and weasaldropping, lol) - why on earth would you want to shove a pig in a mouldy ol' hutch.

By the way, before you jam something down my throat, I'm from the UK too, but I keep mine in a C&C inside. And don't tell me I'm a bad owner because it is unnatural to do so (keep them inside that is). They also get around 8-12 hours outside in a pen.

Pardon me but my shed is far from Crappy as you so kindly put it. It cost me over £200 and then alot more to fit it out with cages.

My guinea pigs are also not breeding machines, they are loved and cared for to the extreme, they dont want for anything.

People in the past have mentioned toys as well. Well mine do get toys but they are purely natural toys made from bundles of hay, so they are not only getting their daily hay requirements but also have fun pulling it about to get the hay out. If I could video my guinea pigs popcorning around their cages and post it on here I would.

I have some of the rarest guinea pigs breeds that you can get as well, so there is no way I would put them to any harm by over breeding.

You say that we have just enjoyed throwing insults at you, but you have also done you fair share of insult throwing. You have critisised our cages and the way we care for our guinea pigs and yet you know nothing about how we keep them, except for the fact that we prefer to keep them in wooden type hutches.

One of your members started this thread and not one of your moderators has had the decency to close it. Do you really think we are going to sit back and accept everything that you throw at us. I dont think so.

As for UK residents being stupid because of the way they keep their guinea pigs, well this is a stupid comment in itself.

It is obvious that UK and US owners of guinea pigs do some things different, maybe we all just need to grow up and accept that and then get on with looking after the guinea pigs and not taking digs at each other.

I too now wish that one of your moderators would close this discussion and bring an end to this useless argument.

Lyndsay
09-27-05, 03:51 pm
They will use all they have been equipt with, in being a moderator. They shall track your IP adress. Don't worry, it's not as hard as you might think it is. Computers are alot smarter than the adverage person. They track things well. Just me thinking that what your saying doesn't phase them one bit though.

Percy's Mom
09-27-05, 03:54 pm

With Love Emma, GPPerson
People try that all the time and are continuously rebanned. It might not be immediately, eventually something will be said or pointed out to let a mod or admin know that you are the same person. Like GPPerson said in her own post several back, she used to have another name that was banned. Perhaps that is why this name was banned as well.

crapncardboard
09-27-05, 03:54 pm
Please use correct punctuation and don't chatspeak

Ly&Pigs
09-27-05, 03:56 pm
Try it and see what happens.

ilovpiggiesthei
09-27-05, 04:01 pm
Great way to represent breeders! This has to be the norm, correct? They do seem to enjoy trolling forums.

She is quiet happy and she is very happy that she is a breeder.
She told me to pass on that 'she is very happy on the other forum, at least it treats people equally and has moderators who understand where enough is enough'

salana
09-27-05, 04:03 pm
You breeder trolls are pathetic. Yes, that's me as a moderator saying you are pathetic. Trolling a forum? Insulting people and calling them names because they think your cages are crap? All of you need to get a life. Go to school, get a job, figure out something else to do with your life besides sitting on the computer posting stupid garbage on guinea pig forums. I swear, I am SO tired of coming back to this thread after two hours of doing ACTUAL WORK and seeing FIVE PAGES of trolling, insulting everyone, whining, and complaining that "this forum is soooo mean" (odd that Cavie Cove doesn't agree with you).

And NO, we will NOT close this thread. How better to give you enough rope to hang yourselves with?

Lyndsay
09-27-05, 04:04 pm
I think that it's smart that the moderators are leaving this one be, we are all working out our issues, I could only imagine the work it's putting on them, having to babysit the ones that are crossing the line with the language, but things arn't as heated as they were an hour ago. It's cooling down to some extent slowly.

Ly&Pigs
09-27-05, 04:04 pm
I don't know what kind of game GPperson is playing with the mods here. I have just found out that guineapigqueen was never banned. So I lifted GPperson's ban. Why lie about something that didn't happen?

aqh88
09-27-05, 04:07 pm
I have kept guinea pigs loose in a 1 acre heavily fenced yard with shelter, in modified 12'x24' horse stalls, in 2sq ft cages, rabbit hutches, and c&c cages. I stay on this forum and I build c&c cages because after watching them interact in all those environments the indoor c&c cages seem the safest and the best size. They are much happier and more active in larger areas with many guinea pigs to a pen but there was also all the risks of the weather here in Iowa and the chance for predators. Since I can't fit a 12'x24' pen in my house I put them out in the stable during good weather and bring them in to their 18sq ft c&c cages in weather that is too hot or too cold. I've noticed huge differences in behavior between the stable pen and the c&c cages. They argue more, popcorn less, gain weight, and sit around more when inside. I can't imagine keeping them in smaller than at least a 10sq ft cage again. They looked so miserable compared to now which is why I started searching for another option. I have no problem with keeping a guinea pig in a building seperate from the house if it's insulated and kept at a good temperature year round(60-80F) with no drafts and adequate space. My only problem with the type of shed cages here is that if I was going to build a seperate building for guinea pigs I'd give them at least 20sq ft pens with a 3-5 guinea pigs each. Otherwise I see no point in having a seperate building for guinea pigs. I might as well fit them into my house where I can talk to them and play with them all day. My dream cage for guinea pigs would actually be a large predator proofed pen with a huge heated/air conditioned building so they had tons of space, could browse grasses daily, and could be kept safe and out of the weather. Much like I keep my horses. I breed horses but I don't keep them stalled for half the day like many large breeding places do. I keep my herd small so I can divide the males to one 10 acre pasture and give the mares, foals, and geldings their own 40acres with a connected insulated stable they are put in for cold weather. I only breed 2 mares a year but I have 5 mares that could be considered some of the best quarter horses in the country. Quality not quantity and always provide them with better than the best. If I were to breed guinea pigs I would require the same type of setup with a handful of the best guinea pigs in a huge area with natural grazing and roaming room.

crapncardboard
I am a breeder too and very proud. All my pigs are "appropriately housed",all have supervised floor time,they enjoy six foot by four foot outdoor runs when the weather is good. They have plenty of fresh vegetables,hay,dry food. They are all well handled daily.
They are weighed weekly,groomed and health checked daily.

Biccy
She was banned, It did happen, she was not lying.

guineapigqueen
09-27-05, 04:09 pm
I don't know what kind of game GPperson is playing with the mods here. I have just found out that guineapigqueen was never banned. So I lifted GPperson's ban. Why lie about something that didn't happen?

I am not playing games, I thought I was banned.
I tried to sign in and it wouldnt let me.
I remember all the details.

Ly&Pigs
09-27-05, 04:10 pm
She must have only gotten a temporary banning because her name is not on the permanent ban list.

crapncardboard
09-27-05, 04:11 pm
People please use correct punctuation, spelling and "capitalize" correctly.

Sabriel
09-27-05, 04:11 pm
Is it possible that she was demoted to cavy person and you people all just think she was banned?

Ly&Pigs
09-27-05, 04:12 pm
Sometimes members do have trouble signing in, but it doesn't mean they are banned.

guineapigqueen
09-27-05, 04:13 pm
I think somepeople should check their facts before going forward with stuff.
Exactly like this whole post.
People should think before they post.

EDIT: I will not let me reply to any posts, on the other user.

Slap Maxwell
09-27-05, 04:14 pm
My own horses are stalled every night and put out every day, their stall doors are left open during warmer months to allow them to come in and out at night. Where I work, we run a breeding program with standardbreds and I would not be working there if it was not up to my high standards. We currently have one mare pregnant, and two that are borders. aqh88, what sort of QH lines do you have? Everyone here has babies out of Blue Is Impressive, who I think is an awful stud. I am a big fan of the popular Zippo lines.

Anyway, enough off topic discussion. Personally I wouldn't keep my pigs outside all the time due to severe weather in CT. However, in certain parts of the country it is suitable to keep them in well ventilated and insulated areas outside of the home. It is completely pointless if these areas are not spacious, over 20 square feet for a few pigs at minnimum, otherwise they should be indoors.

Ly&Pigs
09-27-05, 04:14 pm
Crapncardboard, have you read the rules here? Only the moderators are supposed to tell people to "People please use correct punctuation, spelling and "capitalize" correctly". Why do you keep posting that?

guineapigqueen
09-27-05, 04:16 pm
My own horses are stalled every night and put out every day, their stall doors are left open during warmer months to allow them to come in and out at night. Where I work, we run a breeding program with standardbreds and I would not be working there if it was not up to my high standards. We currently have one mare pregnant, and two that are borders. aqh88, what sort of QH lines do you have? Everyone here has babies out of Blue Is Impressive, who I think is an awful stud. I am a big fan of the popular Zippo lines.

Anyway, enough off topic discussion. Personally I wouldn't keep my pigs outside all the time due to severe weather in CT. However, in certain parts of the country it is suitable to keep them in well ventilated and insulated areas outside of the home.

It sometimes gets below -3c and as I have stated before I have a heater in my shed, with lovely thick fleecy blankets.

crapncardboard
09-27-05, 04:17 pm
I keep posting that because some of the moderators are breaking their own rule and using shortened words and incorrect spelling.I feel it is inappropriate to correct other members if moderators are breaking the rules themselves.

Ly&Pigs
09-27-05, 04:17 pm
You are only supposed to have one user name on the forum. If you were having trouble with your other name, why couldn't you have emailed Teresa and asked her if there was a problem?

"I think somepeople should check their facts before going forward with stuff."
I couldn't even find your name on the forum to check it until you signed in with it, so get off your high horse and be thankful that I unbanned you.

guineapigqueen
09-27-05, 04:19 pm
Well I was just pointing out.
I think I was getting wrong for being forward in the showing post http://cavycages.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7204 Voodoo someone did something.

Lyndsay
09-27-05, 04:20 pm
Crapandcardboard: The only thing that they are not taking the time to spell out is Moderator, a long word, easily shortened to 'mods', makes sence? Not chat speak, I'm pretty sure if they have to enforce rules, they are going to set a good example and follow them...

Ly&Pigs
09-27-05, 04:21 pm
The mods on this thread right now are not breaking any rules regarding posting etiquette. Shortened words such as "mods" for moderators are fine. You are not the posting police here.

crapncardboard
09-27-05, 04:24 pm
The word sence is incorrect, run spell check love, it's spelt SENSE.

Gracie
09-27-05, 04:26 pm
Again - pretty much as usual, I am not wanting to take any side on this situation.

All I can say is that this site really does get its nose out of joint when it comes across as website which is proven to belong to a breeder. Thats all the members need here to fule a massive argument and attack on breeders.

Basically, members here say "there is no good breeding" - so unfortunately any of those who disagree with that statment are not going to get anywhere - cause mods here are in charge and if they dont like what you're saying you will just get banned.

I'm sure that not all of the "anti-breeding" members here have their cavies in the 7.5 sq ft cages - before members start to attack others, I wish many of them would just look at how they take care of their own cavies.

In the end, this forum is anti-breeding, and any discussion on breeding/show etc etc should just be left to other forums - not even worth trying to defend it on here as its a losing battle.
This is a very true statement.

Ly&Pigs
09-27-05, 04:26 pm
Occasional spelling mistakes are ok, not everyone is perfect. Why are we even arguing over posting etiquette now? Let it go and get back to the subject at hand.

Sabriel
09-27-05, 04:27 pm
I can't wait untill you make spelling mistake. So many people will jump on you for it Ms. Spelling Police.

Lyndsay
09-27-05, 04:30 pm
Oops I'm sorry I didn't realise that.

Gracie
09-27-05, 04:31 pm
I can't wait untill you make spelling mistake. So many people will jump on you for it Ms. Spelling Police.

I know its taking it away from the original subject but......Grammar please, you missed the letter 'a' after you and you put two L's on until.:D

salana
09-27-05, 04:32 pm
crapncardboard, do you have anything of substance to add to this board, or did you only join so you could troll in this one thread?

Gracie
09-27-05, 04:34 pm
Ive tried to add substance to this thread but no one wants to listen to it they just knock it back.

So folks its goodnight and im going to let you get on with it.

Lyndsay
09-27-05, 04:35 pm
Am I being called Ms. Spelling Police?! Oh gosh I hope not. My spelling is brutal.

I think I got all the arguing out of my system, I'm not a very argumentive person, but today was just the wrong day to read what was being posted. :P

crapncardboard
09-27-05, 04:35 pm
I'm not arguing love, just pointing out errors which you all jumped on other people for in previous posts,thought i'd give you a taste of your own medicine.
It isn't very nice when people are pedantic and condescending and ill mannered and badly misinformed, the fact that you can't spell for :censored: either is just plain funny though!!!!!!

Oh and in case you really are that stupid C and C........CRAP and CARDBOARD get it ????

Ly&Pigs
09-27-05, 04:37 pm
ENOUGH ALREADY with the posting etiquette rules and telling people what they should and should not do. It's obvious that some members here just don't listen. Get back to the subject at hand.

Gracie
09-27-05, 04:39 pm
ENOUGH ALREADY with the posting etiquette rules and telling people what they should and should not do. It's obvious that some members here just don't listen. Get back to the subject at hand.
Fair comment. But didnt this post start out by having a go at someones cages....Is that really fair?

Cant we agree to disagree...

This is my last post on here tonight, I might check back tomorrow to see if its still going on and on.

Bye folks.

guineapigqueen
09-27-05, 04:44 pm
I am happy I am not getting abuse about my hutches.
My guineas get cleaned out twice a week, bedded on natural untreated wood shavings straight from a wood workers shed(my uncle) and hay comes from my other uncles Organic farm. My guineas are feed a mixture of 3 times of dry mix food and alfalfa.
They are let out in the garden supervised when the weather is nice, not that often in wet UK. If they cant get outside they get a look out around my shed.

Slap Maxwell
09-27-05, 04:45 pm
Oh and in case you really are that stupid C and C........CRAP and CARDBOARD get it ????

You are just to terribly creative, eh? It's great you have done your research.

Ly&Pigs
09-27-05, 04:45 pm
We agreed to disagree on GPperson's care of her pigs several pages back, but we did not agree to disagree on the cage sizes or whether those small wooden hutches are suitable. This argument really has gotten none of us anywhere as you breeders are not going to agree with us that C&C cages are more suitable for pigs. And we aren't going to agree with you all that your small toilet hutches are suitable for pigs. I was all for ending the arguement several pages ago, but that just didn't happen. I could have closed the thread if I had wanted to, I just didn't feel the need to do so.

And yes crapn, I did realize what your name stood for. I am not stupid. But you too are getting a warning to watch your language. We don't tolerate foul language other than an occasional damn or hell on this forum.

salana
09-27-05, 04:46 pm
But didnt this post start out by having a go at someones cages....Is that really fair?
Oh no...we discussed cages on a website about cages...

Gracie
09-27-05, 04:50 pm
Okay I will get to bed soon.

Please can you stop referring to all our cages as small, they are not all small at all.

It really isnt nice to keep calling our cages silly names, we do at least give you the respect of calling your cages by their proper name.

My smallest cage is 2ft x 3ft and houses one guinea pig. I know its not the size that you would use but it suits me, so please stop calling it small.

guineapigqueen
09-27-05, 04:51 pm
My Website
but that website is no longer running I ment to delete it a long time ago.
This is the photo...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/guineapigqueen/pics/newhutch02.jpg
It makes me sad seeing this photo because alot of the pigs on that have now died.
Hannibal, top left, has been with me since he was born and will be 6 years old on the 1st January 2006.
The other is Patch, bottom middle, he is now a non breeding boar and lives happly with Charca.
Connor and Bear died this time last year.

salana
09-27-05, 04:57 pm
Actually, since crapncardboard has shown utter disrespect for this forum by creating a username mocking C&C cages, and has shown all the behavior patterns of a troll by posting pointless, hostile posts directed at members and moderators in a volatile thread, I've taken the liberty of banning her.

Slap Maxwell
09-27-05, 04:57 pm
That photo makes me want to cry. I feel for those poor pigs and the conditions they have to live in. It's really hard seeing them like that.

C&K
09-27-05, 04:58 pm
My Website
This is the photo...
It makes me sad seeing this photo because alot of the pigs on that have now died.
Hannibal, top left, has been with me since he was born and will be 6 years old on the 1st January 2006.
The other is Patch, bottom middle, he is now a non breeding boar and lives happly with Charca.
Connor and Bear died this time last year.

I am just curious as to what the actual dimensions are of the cages? I believe I saw this picture on the other website you posted... Maybe they are deeper then they look?? I think that most of us have decided to agree to disagree that they are big enough, however I am sure that most of us can appreciate that a lot of breeders piggies are housed in worse. I am not sure if that makes it ok, but I suppose it is better then it could be if you are going to insist on keeping them like this. Most of us agree that in other respects (including myself) you seem to do a pretty good job of taking care of your pigs, and obviously do care a great deal.

zakfoxmom
09-27-05, 04:58 pm
My Website
This is the photo...

Eww. It makes me sad to see the small cages they are in.