PDA

View Full Version : Chester and Winston

z123carleigh
07-19-11, 03:03 pm
Hi! I adopted two guinea pigs last week from my local animal shelter, and I am very excited to be taking care of them! Their names are Chester and Winston. Chester is named after a patriotic song written during the Revolutionary War by William Billings. Winston's name is far less regal. I had a house mate with a cat named Gilly, but I decided that Gilly looked more like a Winston. Gilly was a giant, solid cat, much like how a guinea pig is a fairly large, solid critter. Naturally, one of my guinea pigs therefore had to be named Winston.

Anyways, here are some pictures.

Winston is the black one. The cage they are in is temporary. I'm moving to a new apartment in a few weeks, and they will have a C&C cage. Conveniently, there is a store that sells coroplast only a block and a half away. Also, that lovely cubby has since been replaced by an mercifully floor-less pigloo.

Cav2nv
07-19-11, 07:02 pm
Hi, welcome! I love Chesters coloring.. so cute with the flash of white on his face, then dark and then a cute lil pumpkin colored rump hehe, Winston is also adorable!

kathlaaron
07-19-11, 07:56 pm
WELCOME friend, to our community !! :)

Kudo's to you for rescuing/adopting your sweet piggies !! Seems like a lot of people are in the process of a move lately, like we are ! Your piggies are so cute ! I love the names you picked out too, and that black and white one is gorgeous !

woobly
07-19-11, 11:35 pm
Hi and welcome! Your boys are both really cute, and I love their names. I actually have a cat who is also named Winston. :)

Just out of curiosity, is that a baby pool they're currently living in?

Bremw96
07-20-11, 03:47 pm
Hi. I love your creativity with their names. They are both beautiful little boys. Congratulations and good luck

z123carleigh
07-20-11, 08:57 pm
Yep, it is a baby pool. It was very cheap! Not big enough though, but it will be ok for another 2 weeks.