Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast 36 inches by 72 inches at Home Depot

ojars

Cavy Slave
Wandering around in Home Depot in Deerfield Beach -- we find Coroplast from the distributor SABIC Polymershapes at a good price for the 4 mm (0.157 in) stock! (Coroplast is one of the suppliers in the SABIC family of suppliers.)

(broken link removed)
Coroplast - Manufacturer of Corrugated Plastic Sheets

The 36 by 72 inch sheets just fit inside my Toyota Yaris sedan with the seats down. Now it is time finally to get to full C&C status -- out with the cardboard!

ojars

Cavy Slave
The construction is complete!

IMG_1937_800x600.jpg

Note that for the 2x5 cage using the connectors, the inside length of the cage is just under 72 inches, leaving no material for the short walls. These are pieces cut from another sheet of Coroplast, which I needed for the penthouses, and taped long edge to the floor.

Note also that the Coroplast sheets are not truly square, which makes for some extra fiddling with the layout of cut lines.

Last edited:

Holly&Fred

Cavy Slave
Beautiful cage! What are you using for ramps?

I stopped doing business with SABIC after they quoted me $10 on the phone for coro and by the time I drove up the same day, the price had gone up to $21. It was a long drive so I got it anyway, but I've found another source since then. Glad they were able to give you a good price through Home Depot.

ojars

Cavy Slave
Thanks! It is great to have Home Depot in our corner.

Ramps remain as before -- fashioned from stiff corrugated cardboard and faced with bits of rug.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.