PDA

View Full Version : Cubes in Alabama??

Piglet212
01-09-03, 06:01 pm
Where do i find cubes in Alabama becasue i just got a guinea pig for christmas this year and when i got her she was preagnant, she just had her baby a few nights ago and i need a bigger cage for them and i dont where to find coroplast or cubes so if anyone could help me then that would be great! Thanks
-Beau :rollin: 8o :cool:

Briana D
01-10-03, 08:48 am
On the front page of Cavy Cages (www.cavycages.com) there is a database you can use to find supplies.

It is on the left hand side labeled "Find Materials".

Also make sure if the baby is a male you seperate him from the mom within 3 weeks. He will be fertile in three weeks and will be able to impregnant the mother. Cavy Spirit has a great section on sexing (www.cavyspirit.com/sexing.htm) (http://www.cavyspirit.com/sexing.htm)) your pigs.

Piglet212
01-10-03, 02:35 pm
the baby is a female....i think

Piglet212
01-10-03, 02:36 pm
the baby is femal.....i think >_<

Briana D
01-10-03, 04:13 pm
You should make certain that she is a female. You wouldn't want them inbreeding. Oh and congrats on your new little baby!

Piglet212
01-10-03, 06:41 pm
I just read about sexing and i found out that the baby is a male so what should i do?

Piglet212
01-10-03, 07:25 pm
Why should the guienea pigs inbreed?......What is the difference between a cavy and a guinea pig??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Piglet212
01-10-03, 07:27 pm
Oops! why SHOULDNT the guinea pigs inbreed and what is the difference between a cavy and a guinea pig?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Briana D
01-10-03, 09:50 pm
Why shouldn't the guinea pig inbreed? Are you serious?

If you inbreed guinea pigs you are just looking for a whole mess of genetic problems. You need to separate the baby within 3 weeks of it being born. If you don't he will impregnate his mother.

If the baby impregnates his mother she may have fine babies but they may also be deformed or dead at birth. Not to mention her being pregnant again so soon may very well kill her.

Please separate them. Don't breed.

Guinea pig and cavy is the same thing.

Piglet212
01-10-03, 10:12 pm
Why are they the same thing when at the top of the site it said cavy or guinea pig cages??:rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

CavySpirit
01-11-03, 10:17 am
I guess I need to do a better job of indicating that cavy=guinea pig.