Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Idea's for a Bird cage...

• Thread starter DrowningxInxAir
  • Start date

DrowningxInxAir

Cavy Slave
I am currently in the process of making myself a cavy cage... and i got the great idea that maybe you could make a bird cage using the same idea!! so maybe you guys can help me... i would need....

A stronger cage, possibly thicker bars - The bars used in cavy cages are 1/16th inch, probally something in the 1/8th-1/4 inch range...

Smaller spacings - Birds heads can easily get stuck in 1 1/2 inch gaps for guineas... need under 1"

Stronger clips - a larger bird could easily break plastic or wire ties....

A large bird cage... say 4ftw, by 5fth, by 3ftd would cost around 300-400 dollars... so even if expenses are alittle less then that.. things would work..

Let me know if u have any ideas!!!

thanks
Mickey

bunnyluv17

Cavy Slave
It would depend on the size of the bird. If you got the white or black regular grids (with 1" square openings) you could double grid to make smaller openings.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
You could get the mesh grids floating around here somewhere.

Moxie

Cavy Slave
I have never seen the mesh grids in person so I can’t really say if this is true or not but if the wholes in the mesh grids are as small as they look I would not suggest it because 1. They could not climb very easily and 2. There toes could get stuck depending on the size of the bird. I think the cubes with smaller wholes would be better than the mesh ones.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't know. I never had a bird. I was just throwing around ideas. But wouldn't the grids lith smaller holes have weaker wire? DrowningxInxAir wanted strong wire.

Moxie

Cavy Slave

DrowningxInxAir

Cavy Slave
First... she is not a she... it's a he... thank you...

The smaller bars look like they would work very well... and the seem alittle thicker then what i have for my c&c... mine are 1/16th inch.. those look like 1/8th inch, or something inbetween...

I'm not sure what kind of bird i'm going to be getting.... possibly a sun conure, or possibly an eclectus... it depends how much i want to spend... if i get an eclectus, i may not build my own cage... all i need is to kill a 1,500$ bird b/c my cage malfunctions.... -.-;;

Mickey(MICHAEL)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.