Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

ISO: A bottle that will stay on!!

Pinkstiletto66

Cavy Slave
Are there bottles that come with something stronger to keep in on the cage besides that darn wire? Another thing, I have a bottle that comes with what seems to be a sturdier holding piece, but the water bottle is more for rabbits I'd say because my guinea had trouble with it. It's the bottle with more of a needle tip versus the ball.

Pinkstiletto66

Cavy Slave

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
I use the thingies that come with the veggies I buy for them. The twist ties. Long ones.

Pinkstiletto66

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

Has anyone tried this. i need another bottle, because now that I got it to stay on (using hair headbands) now the nozzle wont stop leaking. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
There are also water bottle holders that clip onto the side of the cage and have a spring that fits around the bottle so it stays in place. I've also used zip ties but those can be tricky to fit just right.

cavyluvr

Cavy Slave
yeah I also use a spring. I used to have a large super pet bottle but it was leaking constantly. I now have an all living things glass water bottle that works great!! It hardly leaks at all. It came with just a spring but the one it came with stretched out too much over time so I used the more heavy duty one that came with the super pet bottle along with a little wire holder thingy that the drinking end of the bottle fits into that also came with the super pet one and that is working out great!!

Onetwo

Cavy Slave

woobly

Cavy Slave
I use a ziptie around the top end of the cap of the bottle, pulled really tight. That in combination with the wire thing it came with keeps it snuggly in place, and I can easily slip the bottle in and out for cleaning/refilling.

Pinkstiletto66

Cavy Slave
I have a few of those clip on springs too I also have Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

I use that now. The water bottles with the stick instead of the ball none of my piggies have ever figured out. My piggies like the water bottles that have the thickest gauge spout because they like to stick their bottom teeth and toung into it to drink.

I got no notification of these responses. Anywho the link doesn't work. I switched to a cc cage and now I am trying to figure out my old method that worked before.. Uh.. Gotta look for the wire things as well.. Blimey!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.