Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece / Polyester

hojun

Cavy Slave
I'm not a fabric expert, but is polyester the same thing as fleece / polyester fleece?
I always see people saying they want fleece (anti-pill) but what kind of fleece is this?
I tried pouring water on the polyester I have and the water went right through onto the towel underneath.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Fleece is made of polyester but all polyester is not fleece. It's made from polyester fibers derived from compounds made from petroleum or recycled bottles and made in yarn which is woven into fabric. It's brushed and sheared into the desired density. When it's laundered a few times, it wicks which makes it a great material for bedding for small animals since it keeps the surface they are sitting on dry and draws the moisture into the layers beneath.

SurfingPigs

Cavy Slave
I always see people saying they want fleece (anti-pill) but what kind of fleece is this?

It is just that.... anti-pill fleece. I went to JoAnn's Fabric down here in CA and there was a ton of 100% polyester anti-pill fleece, which has worked out outstandingly as bedding in my experience.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.