Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fundraising idea.

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
Hi,
I'm not sure if you even need this kind of help but I was thinking seeing as this site is a privately run and paid for, whether you may consider doing fundraising to help with the daily expenses that this type of site cost's.
I have noticed alot of people can't find the grids/coro to build their cages so what about putting up say 1 cage a month or whatever for a raffle or something. I'm not sure about the legalaties but so long as you make a healthy profit and sell far more in online tickets than the cage is worth, it would help?
It's a win/win situation, the winner wins, the website wins revenue and the piggie wins a new home!

Maybe I just have too much time on my hand's today!

tinkerbell

Cavy Slave
I think that's an ansome idea !!!

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
Well I think you & I are about the only one's who do.. this thread has had like 90 hit's or something and no one commented till now ......
Thanks for the vote of confidence,, pitty the admin didn't think it worth of a responce.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
pitty the admin didn't think it worth of a responce.

Pitty the admin doesn't have more time to stay on top of reading all the threads.

Actually, I receive some donation money from Sue whenever she sells a cage.

Also, when I get more time and redo the site, I have some more plans for small fees for submitting classified ads--but that's a future.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
That was really rude guineagirl.

Louis
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Teria

Cavy Slave
No need for everybody to jump on guineagurl like a hyena. She meant well and was disappointed, that's ALL.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I know she meant well, but it isn't right to insult the staff because your idea isn't commented on right away.

pennick

Cavy Slave
Louis said:
Yeah I have to agree with slap that is rude. Do you have any idea how much time and money Cavyspirit puts into this site. And then someone like you says a stupid thing like that. Really if i ran this site I would not put up with crap like that.Think again before you post something stupid.

I am laughing here. Actually I am hysterical. No offense intended but Louis, Guinea's comment must have made your day. Here everyone is always insulting you and now the tables have turned. It must have felt great to be on the other end.

I must say, sometimes the site here can be very entertaining. Ever wonder why some people have to respond to a rude post and why some people can ignore them?

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
Hey, I wasn't trying to be rude at all. I thought of a way to "maybe" help them raise money, the fact that it wasn't responded to kinda did upset me only in as much as I felt stupid putting a idea like that out there and if someone gives me advice that sucks I would atleast say thanks but not take the advice, however I didn't take into account that they hadn't even seen it was all. It had alot of hits so I figured they must have. It was posted several days ago.

As for Louis,
Really if i ran this site I would not put up with crap like that.Think again before you post something stupid.
Look whos talking, seriously....talk about the pot calling the kettle black! Gee Wizz.

Anyhow for Cavyspirit, I am sorry I was abit rude, I just thought you might need some financial help is all. I had other ideas too but I'll keep them to myself now.
Pennick, I have tried alot to help Louis, he brings on himself what he gets in these forums.

Anyway cheers and I think a paid classified add's is a good idea.

pennick

Cavy Slave
guineagurl said:
Hey, I wasn't trying to be rude at all. Pennick, I have tried alot to help Louis, he brings on himself what he gets in these forums.

I didn't mean to imply that "you" were rude. Actually I understood greatly what your post was all about. Many times I post a question or may give an idea and it feels that I am being ignored. But I am sure it has happened to many people here. So I understood completely what you were saying. You should have said it in a gentler way though.

As far as Louis is concerned, I feel he should be totally ignored since his contribution to this site is nonexistant. He just likes to incite everyone which he accomplishes all the time so he always win.

So forgive me, my posting was not intended to offend you.

Louis
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
No worries Pennick and Louis..
Have a good one!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.