Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Trish from Toronto

PooTrishy

Cavy Slave
Hello,
I've never formally introduced myself,so I thought I would take the time to do so. I currently have 3 female piggies. Brownie, Cleo, and Zoe. I will be getting a 4th pig tomorrow. A 2 month old smooth hair piggy. I haven't decided a name for her yet.
I've been using this site since the middle of march, and I'm on it at least once a day. Thanks to this site, I've learned a great lot about C&C Cages and I've created a large one to make sure my piggies are happy. It's a 3 story 2X4 cage. The the top floor only takes up the floor space of 3 grids.
My girls are my life, and I feel I would be nothing without them. I suffer from depression and anxiety, but my piggies have such a positive affect on my life that I am doing so much better.
My piggies have also brought a whole new exciting aspect to my relationship with my boyfriend, because all though he wasn't to keen on letting me get them, now that we have them he adores them. (Calls himself their daddy :love:)
Anyway, I'm located in Toronto, Ontario. I live near Royalyork and Evans. I'd like to make some friends near me so I can throw "Piggies Parties" and talk to people who arn't just listening out of niceness. So feel free to add me as a friend.
I also have a facebook I use for Piggie People if you'd like to add me, please pm me.

And here's my youtube channel where I talk about my piggies and cage:
YouTube - popcorninpiggies's Channel

Thanks for reading =)

Last edited by a moderator:

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
Hello and WELCOME PooTrishy !!! :)

I have seriously struggled with severe clinical depression myself, and throughout my lifetime ( I am 45 yrs young !) I have been hospitalized 4 times. So I KNOW what you mean, when you say how therapeutic your piggies are to you, and how much you love them. Thankfully, it has been a long time since I have suffered ( 10 years actually) with clinical severe depression, but still get the normal "blues" from time to time like most people do.

Funny, I looked at my personal friends/contacts list and thought for sure you were one of them ! You aren't, so I would love to be one of your friends, PooTrishy ! Hey if you would like any suggestions for names for your piggie let me know !

Last edited:

PooTrishy

Cavy Slave
Thanks! It's great to know that there are people out there who can relate to what I mean.
I would love some suggestions! In my most recent blog there are 2 pictures of the new piggy, you can check her out and tell me what you think =)

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
I most certainly will check her out and give you suggestions ! Also, I would like to make a correction, I was hospitalized 3 times, not 4 throughout my life. ( thought it was 4, but in talking to my husband realized it was 3).

Going to check her out now ! ( on your blog)

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
Well, I'll formally say Hello and welcome!! I loved the picture of the new girl. I'm awful with names though. I had a hard time naming the new baby but one I had for her was Claire. I just think it's very pretty.

xLindsay46

Cavy Slave
I actually suffer from anxiety as well, so it's nice to read comments from others who suffer from the same and who have noticed an improvement because of their guinea pigs. :)

PooTrishy

Cavy Slave
Claire is a really nice name =) I actually have a 4 year old cousin with that name.

And Lindsay, I'm glad this offered you some comfort =)

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
Deb4Pigs-Claire is a really nice name ! When you say her name, it rolls off one's tongue like the sun rising in the sky. :)

Lindsay- I am glad it gives you comfort too...it really helps, I believe, to know we are NOT alone, you know ? :heart: When things are spoken out loud...it somehow squashes the power that "taboo" subjects can have, on one's suffering soul.

That is why I am more "open" about the struggles I have had in the past, so that maybe that one person might feel like "they are not alone, there...in the suffering dark". There is sometimes a "cost" involved to sharing taboo or hard things...you might be judged unfairly. You might get hurt. But if one's story or understanding can help another and be lifted up....well, it's worth it.:cheerful:

By the way, Pootrishy...I love the name Zoe !

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.