Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Questions About C&C Cages

blssdsngglbnny

Cavy Slave
I would love to know if any of you regret switching to a C&c Cage I have two male piggies that hate the cage i have right now and was thinking about changing and building them a c&c cage but i'm unsure about how Strong they are as i want to give them lots of room to play and so forth.. and another question i have is waht do you us for ramps pls if anyone is willing to help me out here i would very thanksful these boys were gotten for my boys 6 and 4 we love them and want to make them happy and my son would love to help me build it but i'm not sure if it would be safe for them also i would like to know is the C&C cages easier to clean or any suggestions on how you clean your cage would be wonderful

lissie

Cavy Slave
Well, I've never had a store bought cage. But when I remodel my cage, I've kept my pigs in a temporary 1x2 C&C and I think the small cage is so much harder to clean than the big one. The small cage had to be changed every day. I can't stand the mess they make in the small cage. The big cage, I only sweep the fleece everyday and change the fleece once a week.

I usually line my cage with puppy pads or incontinence pads, then line with uhaul blanket, then fleece. I take the uhaul blanket and fleece out to wash and put in new ones. The coroplast underneath doesn't even get dirty. I usually wipe it down with vinegar mix with water (50/50).

If you decide to use fleece, it's good to have a hay area for them. I like having a hay loft. It keeps hay contained and off the fleece. I use paper based litter pellets in the hay loft and clean them out once every 3 days.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.