Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Thinking about getting a pig or two

orangejasmin

Cavy Slave
Hello fellow piggy lovers, this is such a great forum you have here. I'm thinking about getting back into caring for guinea pigs. It's a hard decision, but seeing all your pictures of happy piggies has helped to make the choice clearer.

My sister and I had two little girl pigs when we were in our teens. They lived together in a two-level C&C cage. They were both very sweet pigs, but Jasmin was my baby. She was pudgy and orange, and so cuddly. Everyone adored her. Even my mother, who claimed to hate rodents and was against guinea pigs, was reduced to a total piggy slave by Jasmin's charms. An artist friend of the family even drew Jasmin's portrait. We have it framed on the kitchen wall.

Jasmin passed away five years ago. The vet found a bladder stone and recommended surgery. Jasmin didn't make it. We think she was about six and a half to seven years old. For several years, the idea of getting another pig was really upsetting. No other pig could take her place. I also had nightmares where Jasmin was in trouble and there was nothing I could do to save her. Lately, my dreams about Jasmin have been turning into happy ones. I think I'm beginning to feel ready for another pig or two.

S0rceress0

Cavy Slave
Good for you! I think you'll find joy in some newfound friends again :D There are plenty of piggies out there waiting for you.

jayceestar27

Cavy Slave
I agree, try to adopt. Where are you located if you don't mind?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.