PDA

View Full Version : Guinea pig in (WI)

Loveheart
04-28-05, 11:38 am
Silkie guinea pig Brown and tan Free to good home, I was wondering if anyone lived in WI near Marshfield or Rapid's, I dont have time to brush her and give her the attention that she deserve's I am to busy with the dog's and Life stuff, If anyone would be able to drive up to me, If your interested Please PrivateMessage me and I will talk to you further. she is 2years old and female and Shes a bit shy but easy to pick up and shes such a cute guinea pig, And very vocal too!!, She is free and Cage isnt included sorry. Her name is Brownie.

Slap Maxwell
04-28-05, 11:54 am
Do not give her away free. Charge at least $25 for her. Somebody posing as a loving owner could easily be getting a free meal for their reptiles.

Loveheart
04-28-05, 11:59 am
Yes Your right, True thanks for pointing that out Unfortunately I cant edit my 1st post so, I will charge at least $15 for her as theres no accesories or cage.

Slap Maxwell
04-28-05, 12:03 pm
Yes Your right, True thanks for pointing that out Unfortunately I cant edit my 1st post so, I will charge at least $15 for her as theres no accesories or cage.

Rescues usually charge between $25-$35.

And by the way, I would LOVE to take her, but I live in CT.

Loveheart
04-28-05, 12:08 pm
Well I bought her for less than that and She needs brushing so whoever wants her would have to spend alot of time with her.
Pigture of the guinea pig if anyone is interested.

http://loveheart.anticlan.net/guineapig3.jpg

*Piglets-Angel*
04-28-05, 03:09 pm
Oh, I would SO take her, but I live in CA, sorry! Hope she finds the perfect home!

A4PigHome
04-29-05, 06:42 am
She is SO adorable and I do live not too far away (Duluth), but I have 4 boars.

I'll check around up here to see if anyone wants her.

mncavylover
04-29-05, 07:30 pm
She's gorgeous! Sadly, I already have two boars so there's no way I can take her. Best of luck on your search!

Loveheart
05-03-05, 03:25 pm
It's a shame as I dont know what to do, I dont want to get rid of her but to have a better life for her I have to, Thing is I cant find anyone who might want her, If anyone has any idea's? Would be greatful

Sara'spets
05-03-05, 03:50 pm
Have you tried a rescue or shelter in your area - preferrably a no kill shelter?

It is really a shame that you have to give her up. I know this probably sounds crazy, but what if you got her a companion. Then she wouldn't be alone and your main concern would be cleaning and feeding. You would have to spend time with them, but not as much since they would have one another. As to brushing her - you cut cut her fur shorter, so you wouldn't have to brush it so often.

Good Luck and I hope things work out.

A4PigHome
05-03-05, 04:22 pm
How about contacting Allysse. She runs a shelter in the Twin Cities. Here is one of her latest forums:

http://cavycages.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5134

Maybe she has some ideas, or can at least post it thru her site.

Good luck and please keep us posted on what you decide. I have been trying to find someone up here to take her, but no luck yet. My son's teacher would take her for her classroom, but I could never subject a cavy to 20+ kindergarten students!

Loveheart
05-05-05, 10:58 pm
I have another guinea pig but they both fought and drew blood, I found someone who might take them for $60 for both, Not sure yet though

AngelsCavies
05-06-05, 12:10 am
Why both now. You should not do that. :((

Loveheart
05-06-05, 01:00 am
I know but we have to save up to move out currently we are living with my in-laws!, And I spend about 20-30 a month on the guinea pigs I get them oxbow food etc, And i Never get to spend time with both of them really i love them to bits they each have there own unique personality and Today I CAUGHT MY GUINEA PIG eating my curtains! I hope she'll be ok !.

AngelsCavies
05-06-05, 05:35 am
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww :(

AngelsCavies
05-23-05, 12:19 pm
Well did you find a home for them yet.

Daisy Duke
05-23-05, 04:02 pm
Sorry you have to give your piggies away.

Loveheart
05-23-05, 05:49 pm
Nope I didnt find a home yet :(

AngelsCavies
05-23-05, 08:40 pm
:( I feel bad

Loveheart
05-24-05, 02:04 am
dont be i will keep them forever until i find someone

Daisy Duke
05-24-05, 04:58 am
I would also suggest putting an add up on petfinder and saying it on www.guinealynx.com (http://www.guinealynx.com) Goodluck!

AngelsCavies
05-24-05, 09:38 am
That is good. At least they are in good hands until you find someone that will care for them just like you.

AngelsCavies
05-28-05, 11:55 pm
Loveheart. I may have found a home for your beautiful girls. She is about 3 hrs away from you.

The Magic Taco
05-29-05, 12:01 am
Do not give her away free. Charge at least $25 for her. Somebody posing as a loving owner could easily be getting a free meal for their reptiles.
!!! :D

The Magic Taco
05-29-05, 12:04 am
Does anyone know how much it would cost to spay a guinea pig in $AUS?

Lyndsay
05-29-05, 05:05 pm
Do you have 2 females? Or a male and a female?

Loveheart
05-29-05, 08:11 pm
2females :)

RyanR
05-29-05, 08:35 pm
I would of been more then grateful to respond to taking the girls in. But I have two boys and my next two will also be boys.

Lyndsay
05-30-05, 04:29 pm
Ohhh loveheart if only I could find somewhere to get her spayed, cause it costs way toooo much here, and I have a boar, that she would be living with. She's so precious!

A4PigHome
05-30-05, 05:32 pm
Is it cheaper to get a boar fixed instead? Just curious.

Slap Maxwell
05-30-05, 05:40 pm
Having a boar neutered is safer and cheaper.

Lyndsay
05-30-05, 06:55 pm
Only cheaper by 20-30 dollars. Since there is only one exotic vet in town, they can chage as much as they want.

kylie knutson
01-02-08, 10:55 am
Silkie guinea pig Brown and tan Free to good home, I was wondering if anyone lived in WI near Marshfield or Rapid's, I dont have time to brush her and give her the attention that she deserve's I am to busy with the dog's and Life stuff, If anyone would be able to drive up to me, If your interested Please PrivateMessage me and I will talk to you further. she is 2years old and female and Shes a bit shy but easy to pick up and shes such a cute guinea pig, And very vocal too!!, She is free and Cage isnt included sorry. Her name is Brownie.

I am not sure how to do this but I am interested in contacting you about Brownie I don't live far from the Marshfield/Rapids area and would be very interested in giving Brownie a home please contact me

kylie knutson
01-02-08, 10:57 am
Looking to contact the woman in Marshfield/Rapids area about Brownie

kylie knutson
01-02-08, 11:17 am
Just wondering if you still had Brownie and wanted to part with her? I would be interested in giving her a good home

Percy's Mom
01-02-08, 12:14 pm
Please take the time to check the date of the last reply to a thread. No one has replied to this thread in more than 2.5 years.