Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How to adopt piggies out

holli'smommy

Cavy Slave
Okay so Big Momma's babies will be ready in a couple of weeks to leave her and be seperated, so how should I go about finding homes for them? I would love to be able to keep them all, but I know that I can't right now, it's just too much, of course if I don't find them homes, then I will keep them, but I really would like to adopt them out. Does anybody have any suggestions for adopting them out?

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I would say get them an adoption application. I will PM you two different versions, so you can make your own. Charge around $25 to adopt. Make sure you do a home visit.

<edit>
I emailed them to you.

Last edited:

holli'smommy

Cavy Slave
That's great, Thank you, and I found out that our local shelter has a bullituin(sp?) board for people with animals to adopt, so I can post it there so people looking at the shelter for one know that I have some.

AmiableAnimals

Cavy Slave
Make a list of your requirements and determine a way to verify the adopters meet those. Some of my requirements are a cage matching or exceeding the standards set out here, a solid understanding of nutritional needs of pigs, and an understanding and willingness to pay the vet costs should the pigs become ill. Also, I don't adopt out single piggies. Good luck!

Ketus15

Cavy Slave
Some rescues keep lists of private adoptions. Also, most pet supply stores have adoption/lost and found bulletin boards. Since those stores don't sell animals you wouldn't be supporting the trade. Also, you could ask if someone has a petfinder account and is willing to list your piggies.

Good Luck! Oh! And where are you, and what are the details? Perhaps someone here is ready to adopt in your area. Also, GuineaLynx has a cavy placement forum you can post to.

*Piglets-Angel*

Cavy Slave
Oh, I could take one female, how far are you from Lake Elsinore?

holli'smommy

Cavy Slave
I live in Red Bluff, I'm about 120 miles north of sacremento, 30 Miles south of Redding.

holli'smommy

Cavy Slave
Thanks Slap. I got the emails, they will work great, thank you all so much, now I can find them a great home.

kat_0521

Cavy Slave
slap_maxwell said:
I would say get them an adoption application. I will PM you two different versions, so you can make your own. Charge around $25 to adopt. Make sure you do a home visit.

<edit>
I emailed them to you.
Can I also get copies Slap? Thanks alot!

misspigglie

Cavy Slave
Slap_Maxwell, could I get copies too, please? I really appreciate it! Thanks

slap_maxwell said:

<edit>
I emailed them to you.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
PM me your email address, they are too long to send through PM.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
They are sent

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
There you go kat.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.