Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Skinny Pig Room.

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
I've recently put my cages on stands, which I love.
One cage isn't though, since I need to be able to step over it to get into the closet.
I have adopted 3 new skinny pigs since I've last posted.
One named Rugby, he is 1 year and 7 months old.

The other two are brothers, Calvin and Hobbes, 7 months old.

I got all three from Kijiji, they were being rehomed due to not receiving enough attention.

amandacv86

Cavy Slave
Wow! That looks really nice!

tiggertoo

Cavy Slave
Very Impressive!

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
I am beyond jealous of your beautiful cages! Do you get a whole room for the piggies? UGH!

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Skinny have you considered putting the 3rd cage on top of one of the other cages? I did this design with my old set up...

P1050533.jpg

P1050532.jpg

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
I think I kind of enjoy it on the ground rather than being high up. I think it would be hard to reach properly.

Camerafreak

Cavy Slave
so how many pigs do you have now skinnypigs?

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
I have 6 piggies now. Barnaby with Ernie, Rugby beside Grover and Calvin with Hobbes.

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
Wow. Fantastic set up with your cages ! That is wonderful that you have a whole room to dedicate to your piggies !! Very very cool.

krystalmoore86

Cavy Slave
Skinny have you considered putting the 3rd cage on top of one of the other cages? I did this design with my old set up...

P1050533.jpg

P1050532.jpg
[/quote]
Thats a neat set up, but were you worried about them falling off the top floor? Or did it normally have grids over the front?

CavyCrazyLady

Cavy Slave
What an awesome room and adorable pigs! You are so lucky you have found skinny pigs in rescue. Seems like I have been searching forever.

tiggertoo

Cavy Slave
What is the advantage of having them on a stand? Right now mine is on the floor, and I can't decide whether to raise it or not.

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
What is the advantage of having them on a stand? Right now mine is on the floor, and I can't decide whether to raise it or not.

I find it helps with organization and you're at a better level to interact without having to bend over or sit on the floor. I really enjoy putting the extra fleece and everything else underneath the stand the most.

brindyzoeycandy

Cavy Slave
wow, amazing cages!

...and lots of piggies! though, i only have one less than you, so i guess i'm just as bad :crazy: i adore those skinny pigs of yours.

Magpie

Cavy Slave
Wow, those are some awsome cages and piggies. I'm going to try to change my cages around this weekend into the sewing/guitar/computer room. And I also like my cages being up off the ground because then you can just grab a chair and sit next too them . But I am totally jealous of those gorgous skinny pigs.

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Very very nice. The skinny pig is adorable too! Love his tuff of hair on his nose.

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
Whoever keeps giving me negative on everything I say, why not just be a little more brave and say it out loud what you don't like about my stuff.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Whoever keeps giving me negative on everything I say, why not just be a little more brave and say it out loud what you don't like about my stuff.
You know, you could take he mature approach and not let it bother you. Whatever the reason, whether an issue with your cages (which I can't imagine) or someone just goofing off or doing it for another, less reasonable, cause - it doesn't much matter and trying to pick a fight about it is wholly counterproductive and isn't going to solve anything or accomplish anything other than effectively derailing an otherwise perfectly benign and acceptable thread. Let's do our best to keep that from happening.

I think the setup looks fantastic and I just love all the bright colors and cute fleece prints! The guy with the pink skin/red hair for some reason make me think of an adorable little leprechaun. I'm not sure why, I think it's his scruffy red "beard." Good job on the setup, it's obvious you put a lot of work into it.

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
That is Hobbes with the red fur, yeah he does kind of look like a leprechaun!

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Haha I thought that too about the little pumpkin!!!

About my cage... I DID have grids have up but after a few weeks of forgetting and them not having issues I started to leave them off more and more. They liked coming right up to the cage and crawling onto my shoulders and into my hoodie. I Never had one fall or jump out but I didnt have the cage for very long. Probably about 5-6 months...

Maybe someone doesnt like skinnies? I know that there are sometimes random people on here that do that to other posts where there is nothing wrong. Dont let it get to you. Your posts are great!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.