Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Infection My Mowgli Is Sick!

poisonapple88

Cavy Slave
Well, I haven't logged on to his website in months but I remember the members and staff being friendly and helpful so I'm just going to post an update.

My four-year-old guinea pig Mowgli got sick yesterday and I was hysterical. He was falling over himself, wasn't eating or drinking, abnormally quiet, and simply acting like a sick pig.

Thankfully, I had a stroke of luck and he was better this morning with a vet trip at noon. I took him to the Exotic Animal Hospital and he got checked out. He has conjunctivitis and a early URI. Or so the vet believes. He's on antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, vitamin c, and critical care because he won't eat.

I'm so worried. He's doing better and he LOVES the critical care by Oxbow. Any thoughts?

Thank you.

amandacv86

Cavy Slave
I'm new here so I don't remember you, so I just wanted to say I hope he pulls through and feels better soon!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.