Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Another coroplast substitute

D

Dani665

Another coroplast substitute

I don't know how accessible this stuff might be, but I thought I'd post it up here anyway. My ex got it for me, it didn't cost a thing, and so far it's working wonderfully. He works in a cold-food storage warehouse, and the truck drivers who make the food deliveries use these thin sheets of plastic in between their pallets- they're called slip sheets. The plastic is foldable, bendable, easy to cut, and can be rolled up. It's water-resistant and can withstand a good scrubbing. The only thing I'd probably do differently is staple or zip-tie the corners, as the packing tape doesn't adhere very well, and will only hold until it gets wet. Also, it is thin- about the same as linoleum, so you can slightly feel the cubes' gridwork beneath, but it's a sturdy enough surface for Gracie, and it won't absorb water and rot away as I suspect linoleum might do after time.

Attachments

562618_10200781469841104_542328630_n.jpg tumblr_mkiatoo0h91qcuk7do1_1280.jpg DSC01202.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.